Windows 10: Start menu search does not show installed apps

Discus and support Start menu search does not show installed apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My start menu does not show any installed apps such as VLC, steam or you name it. It does show up things like calculator but for the most part it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pezhmank, Dec 18, 2017.

1. pezhmank Win User

Start menu search does not show installed apps

My start menu does not show any installed apps such as VLC, steam or you name it. It does show up things like calculator but for the most part it does not show any installed apps. I did not mess with the indexing option and dont know what im missing here. How do I have my start menu search to show installed apps?

:)

pezhmank, Dec 18, 2017
  2. Kougeru Win User

Search in Start menu does not show installed apps

It's been nearly a week. I've done a full clean install, same issue. I've rebuilt my Index 5 times. I've done every fix listed on these forums and several others. I'm up-to-date. Search STILL refuses to find 90% of the programs I've installed manually.
    It only sees like 3. Only those 3 even show up on the All Apps list. Oddly, search detects the folders and OTHER files, but refuses to see the actual launch files, the .exe.

Start menu search does not show installed apps [​IMG]

Kougeru, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Search in Start menu does not show installed apps

Same issue here.

Tried the above solutions with no luck.

I'm using an activated version of Win10 with Cortana disabled.

Lars Jakob Jensen, Dec 18, 2017
  4. pezhmank Win User

somehow this issue I think has been partially fixed if not fully by a windows update. I cant find how to remove this post as it no longer needs a response.

pezhmank, Dec 18, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    I don't think you can delete but you did the right thing to mark Solved.
    It may not have had anything to do with your initial problem but you have a few options as to what you see here - Settings/Personalization/Start

Start menu search does not show installed apps [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu search does not show installed apps - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store: when i search in the search bar for apps installed with Microsoft store they don't show upi have tried trouble shooters and it hasn't helped. i have tried re-indexing and it hasn't helped please tell me what i can do...
  3. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store: when i search in the search bar for apps installed with Microsoft store they don't show upi have tried trouble shooters and it hasn't helped. i have tried re-indexing and it hasn't helped please tell me what i can do...
  4. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  6. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  7. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  9. Start menu search not returning installed apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search not returning installed apps: Hello there, The start menu search won't return some applications when i search them, i'd like to have the same behavior like the previous windows version. I have checked that the application in background checkbox is checked in the privacy settings, but it doesn't help, any...
  10. Search function does not show files in start menu folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function does not show files in start menu folder: I mainly use the search function for quick access to files in my start folder. However, after I tried to index an external drive, the search does not show files in the start menu folder. If I for example write "Power" when looking for PowerPoint, it suggests Powershell and...