Windows 10: Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit

Discus and support Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A family member's W10 computer won't exit the start menu. It is stuck on the desk top and I can't figure out how to make it go away. It is preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit

A family member's W10 computer won't exit the start menu. It is stuck on the desk top and I can't figure out how to make it go away. It is preventing programs from starting. Even the installation of the Anniversary update did not correct this issue. I've attached a screen shot. Clicking on the start icon does nothing.

I am at a loss to fix this so any suggestions would be welcome.

Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit [​IMG]

:)

Gator5000e, Sep 1, 2016
  2. rbuyaky Win User

Windows 10 Tablet Problems (Dell Venue 8 Pro)

I can't believe this is a year old and it's just now affecting me, but I'm having the last problem, where desktop mode just won't work. In action center, whether tablet mode is selected or not, I'm stuck with the tablet start screen. If I switch to a desktop
    program (like Bing desktop) the desktop appears, but with no icons. If I select the start menu power option, instead of giving me options to shutdown, restart, etc., it flashes the desktop, then returns to tablet start menu. If I go to recovery options, none
    of the 3 options respond when I select them. I have tried the dism, sfc and Get-AppXPackage procedures to no avail. Any other suggestions?

rbuyaky, Sep 1, 2016
  3. problem with my N95 8GB USB conneection using data transfer

There are apps that auto start, so powering off & powering it on won't do it. Press momentarily the menu key & exit the apps that is running.

android---01, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit

Brink, Sep 1, 2016
  5. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! Saved my sanity!! Not sure how the heck that got turned on, but it did. Will creating a restore point save this setting if it gets messed up again?

Gator5000e, Sep 1, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome.

It can, but you can easily turn it on/off without a restore point.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit

1. Start Menu Stuck on Desktop - Won't Exit - Similar Threads - Start Menu Stuck

2. Start menu stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu stuck: Dears ,even after updating windows version to 23h2 search menu and start menu stuck and restarting file explorer is not a solution . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck/9c177b0e-056b-4c42-8216-54575bd6a889
  3. Start menu stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu stuck: Dears ,even after updating windows version to 23h2 search menu and start menu stuck and restarting file explorer is not a solution . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck/9c177b0e-056b-4c42-8216-54575bd6a889
  4. Does the start menu exit you out of an applicatoin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the start menu exit you out of an applicatoin: Whenever I press the start menu when in a game It closes out and goes straight to my browser. The start menu also wont go down when switching applications which used to happen before....
  5. Does the start menu exit you out of an applicatoin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the start menu exit you out of an applicatoin: Whenever I press the start menu when in a game It closes out and goes straight to my browser. The start menu also wont go down when switching applications which used to happen before....
  6. Start Menu stuck open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stuck open: Hi everyone I'm having a issue where if I create a folder shortcut to the start menu and open it the start menu stays open it does not do it with apps or hard drive shortcuts only folders!! I'm running 21H2 Win 10 Pro, I've searched for a resolution but cant seem to find...
  7. Start menu won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu won't open: I tried everything including: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and some more but, sfc gives me an error: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. and DISM gives me...
  8. Windows Start Menu stuck.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu stuck.: Hello. My name is Adam, and I have a problem with the Start Menu. I updated from the version 1930 to 2004 the newest version but my Start menu is stuck. Could anyone help me?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/: Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and...
  10. Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop: I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and have had nothing but problems. The biggest one is the fact that I cannot open the start menu, I had worked around it by right clicking it and then selecting what I needed from there. However now that doesn't even work. Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on start menu cant access desktop

2. start menu is stuck on my desktop

3. menu stuck on desktop

4. windwos menu stuck on desktop