Windows 10: Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode.

Discus and support Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm really confused as to why this happened. I looked at this question to see if it could possibly solve my VERY similar problem, but alas,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rileyxrose, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode.

Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode. 54489913-b0ed-4496-b333-5493fae825aa?upload=true.png

I'm really confused as to why this happened. I looked at this question to see if it could possibly solve my VERY similar problem, but alas, it did not. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Basic computer specs:

Dell Inspiron 15

7000 HD Graphics Family

Windows 10.1, latest 7/2018 update

:)

rileyxrose, Jul 24, 2018
  2. khoiwin Win User

Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts)

Don't know where to post this so I'll do it here. *sarc

Issues: Blurry Start Menu Texts and Icons; 'Grayed' Start Menu Texts; Missing Apps; Unable to change the Start Menu titles

Just updated to Windows 10 creators fall version 1709 and it might have caused the issues.
    The image below pretty much explains everything.

Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode. [​IMG]

I tried running the start menu troubleshooter; sfc; Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...; etc.

Thinking of reinstalling Windows 10 but it is just so problematic and time consuming. *Confused

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance *Biggrin
    Khoi

khoiwin, Jul 24, 2018
  3. khoiwin Win User

Yeah, the problem with the text colour and blurriness of the icons are fixed now after reinstalling the graphics driver. But I'm still missing start menu apps, eg. microsoft store, groove music, etc.

khoiwin, Jul 24, 2018
  4. khoiwin Win User

Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode.

What do you mean?
    Also, I just recently discovered this, and I think I might have something to do with the problem.

Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode. [​IMG]

khoiwin, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode.

1. Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode. - Similar Threads - Start Menu text

2. Text blurrying out casually?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text blurrying out casually?: Hello, i just got a new monitor for gaming and it turned out to be the worst experience of my life as one of the problems that came out with it was this one You can hardly notice it but on the widget part of the desktop The problem is everywhere but right now it's doing it...
  3. Text blurrying out casually?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text blurrying out casually?: Hello, i just got a new monitor for gaming and it turned out to be the worst experience of my life as one of the problems that came out with it was this one You can hardly notice it but on the widget part of the desktop The problem is everywhere but right now it's doing it...
  4. airplane mode on and grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode on and grayed out: airport mode on and grayed out. cannot access wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-on-and-grayed-out/c6606e1d-8b05-4d3d-afd1-edccea90379d
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu grayed out and unresponsive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu grayed out and unresponsive: [ATTACH]If you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 and are having problems with the Start Menu, then in today’s post, we show you what to do to […] This article Windows 10 Start Menu grayed out and unresponsive first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airplane mode is grayed out: Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off. Consequently no wifi. Help! Thanks...
  7. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  8. Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, I am using Windows 10 education 1809 but i have faced a problem as all settings that suggest something are grayed out such as (Show suggestions occasionally in Start)(Show me suggested contact in the Settings app)(show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  9. Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode: Running a Dell Laptop with Windows10. Airplane mode was off and wi-fi connected and working. The laptop screen was closed putting the laptop into sleep mode. When I opened up, entered my password, the laptop came back up and the airplane mode was on. I cannot turn airplane...
  10. Start Menu -> Settings -> Grayed Out Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu -> Settings -> Grayed Out Buttons: My laptop comes up every time with the screen brightness WAY too low for my eyes. I can go to Settings and change it, but the Apply and Cancel buttons are grayed out. Every time I restart, or even when the PC goes into sleep mode, it's right back to the too dark screen....