Windows 10: Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Discus and support Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by loungebob, Aug 13, 2018.

1. loungebob Win User

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons?

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label [​IMG]

:)

loungebob, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

How to Move Desktop Icon to start Menu or create a tile.

I have even added my batch files to the apps list*Wink
    • You need to create a desktop shortcut for it first by "send to desktop".
    • Then cut & paste it into C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • Open start menu and look on the list view, right click the icon(always make my own), and pin to start.
    • I then go to my batch files original location, and a 256x256 .png of my icon, and an XML .VisualElementsManifest to it, and now I have my custom tile for my batch file.

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2018
  3. pmene Win User
    Windows 10 wrong label/name on Settings icon in Start Menu

I tried a clean boot and did not help. Where does the icon get it's label/text? That is where we need to fix the issue. Sorry to say this, but the Windows 10 Start Menu is big step backwards. You cannot rename Windows icons or create multi-level folders.
    It should not be this hard and time consuming to fix a simple icon text.

pmene, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label - Similar Threads - Start Menu tiles

2. icons only in start menu and no labels

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons only in start menu and no labels: How do I restore the text labels to the icons in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-only-in-start-menu-and-no-labels/76a9a283-7215-4c51-bfb3-bf469fc88410
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  5. How to assign icon to start menu tile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to assign icon to start menu tile.: I've got an old app from Everett Kaiser called Sherlock. I've got the app pinned to my start menu. The icon is a smoking Calibaster pipe. Recently the app icon changed to what I would describe as a white page. I've tried to unpin from start and repinned from app on c: drive,...
  6. This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu: Hello everyone, Windows 10 Pro has just performed a 'feature update' to version 1809. I have managed to sort through most of the problems over the past 3 hours but I'm stuck on one where the This PC icon on the start menu has changed to computer (1). Only the icon shows the...
  7. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  8. anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer: Since the anniversary update, I have no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer... Also the pinned icons no longer appear as a single column, now shows as three columns I know I can click on the top icon with the 3 bars to display the text, but would like it...
  9. Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon: A couple weeks ago my Windows 10 had a big update. When the computer restarted, my START menu icons (maybe they are called tiles) reverted to to the browser icon. This happened to most tiles in my START menu, which opened a website. See the screen shot below. All of these...
  10. Web site icons on start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start menu tiles: Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile. Some come that way automatically, but for others one has to hover the mouse over to see the text. [img] 30597

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu small tiles text