Windows 10: Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in

Discus and support Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is on a custom-built machine upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. See screenshot. Left my computer idle for a while. Came back to that on the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StephenP, Aug 1, 2015.

1. StephenP Win User

Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in

This is on a custom-built machine upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. See screenshot. Left my computer idle for a while. Came back to that on the start screen. This also happened last night under the same seemingly random conditions. Unsure of what caused it, but logging out and back in made the icons reappear. While they were invisible, they were still clickable and functional. Anyone else encounter this?

Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in [​IMG]

:)

StephenP, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Yanuh Win User

After updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, my Start menu doesn't function properly

I frequently pin items to the start, and rearrange them into intuitive groups. Ever since the update, icons can no longer be rearranged without the start menu hanging.

More specifically: I can pin newly installed programs to the start menu, and both new and old tiles can be clicked, and refresh their content, however, when you try to drag a tile somewhere, the start menu grays out as normally expected, but then the tile held
    in the mouse disappears, and can't be dropped anywhere. The start menu remains grayed out even after releasing the mouse. The tile chosen to be rearranged is nowhere in sight, and the only way to make the start menu not grayed out anymore, and the tile to
    reappear, is to unpin it from start, and then pin in back again, but then we're back at square 1.

Yanuh, Aug 1, 2015
  3. ehedges84 Win User
    Permanent removal of candy crush etc

I have recently reset my computer, using Windows 10. The below apps have reappeared in my start menu. No matter how many times I hit uninstall and unpin from start they keep reappearing. Not just on the left hand side of the start menu but also as a tile
    on the right. Its rather annoying as if I try to pin Facebook etc to the tile menu it keeps vanishing and the below games reappear.....I don't mind having them on the start menu if I have to, but not in the way of apps I use on my tile section! I've gone to
    settings, personatization, start and turned off occasionally show suggestions in start. What else can I do??

Bubble witch 3 saga

candy crush soda saga

Disney magic kingdoms

march of empires

ehedges84, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Majorpar Win User

I have also encountered this issue, apparently it is a clash between widows 10 and Nvidia graphic cards, other cards might also be effected but they are aware of the issue.
    Hopefully the next update this is on their list of things to-do.

Majorpar, Aug 25, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    I have had this problem since installing Win10.
    While nvidia my be aware, they don't seem to be doing anything about it.
    There's been at least 3 new nvidia drivers since Win10 was officially released, not to mention all the preview time they had.

elbeasto, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in - Similar Threads - Start menu tiles

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  4. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  5. Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.: Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu. My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or replace them with another tile / app every time i restart my computer i am greeted with the default tiles given by microsoft....
  6. Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot

Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot: Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I reboot, some of my Start menu apps tiles are resized and greyed out. Manually resizing them and repositioning them is a workaround but that shoudn't be necessary in the first place. Seems like a simple problem with a hopefully...
  7. Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning

Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning: I am using Windows 10 home version. Recently I did the big upgrade. Afterward I unpinned all of the default tiles- Calender, Live Mail, My Office, Microsoft Store, and lots of "A great app is on its way" tiles, etc.- and replaced them with tiles from the start menu from...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unpinned items return on reboot

2. unpinned tiles return after reboot

3. windows 10 tiles reappear after reboot

4. tiles reappear after reboot