Windows 10: Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Discus and support Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 How to Download and Use Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Microsoft has released a Start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SOHO1, Feb 16, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10

How to: Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10

How to Download and Use Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Microsoft has released a Start menu troubleshooter for Windows 10 that will troubleshoot and hopefully automatically fix your Start menu problems.

This tutorial will show you how to download and use the Start menu troubleshooter to troubleshoot and automatically fix Start menu problems for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Download the Start menu troubleshooter ZIP file from Microsoft below.
    Download
    2. Save the Start_Menu_troubleshooter.zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the Start_Menu_troubleshooter.zip file.

4. Open the Start_Menu_troubleshooter.zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the startmenu.diagcab file to your desktop.

5. Run the startmenu.diagcab file.

*note The Start menu troubleshooter will only run and will not be installed in your Windows 10.

6. Click/tap on the Advanced link in the Start menu troubleshooter. (see screenshot below)

Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 [​IMG]

7. Check the Apply repairs automatically box, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. The Start menu troubleshooter will now check for problems with the Start menu. (see screenshot below)

*note The troubleshooter checks for the following issues:
    • If Start Menu and Cortana applications are installed correctly
    • Registry key permission issues
    • Tile database corruption issues
    • Application manifest corruption issues.

9. If the troubleshooter finds any problems, it will attempt to automatically fix them. You can click/tap on View detailed information to see the troubleshooting report details. (see screenshots below)

10. When finished, you can close the Start menu troubleshooter.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

SOHO1, Feb 16, 2017
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Start menu troubleshooter

Hi,

It is possible that some programs are running in the background that is causing this problem. To properly troubleshoot the problem, kindly verify the following queries:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Have you tried performing a clean boot to eliminate software conflicts?
    • Have you tried running System File Checker to check for any file corruption?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Start menu troubleshooter

windows 10

Responding to your recommendation I am presently running the Start menu troubleshooter. This has been registering applications.... now for more than 2 hours. Is this normal?

jaynejames_871, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello SOHO1, *Smile

If you haven't already, you might see if restarting the computer may sort it if it's just a glitch.

Brink, Feb 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu Troubleshooter

2. Start Menu Troubleshooter Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Troubleshooter Issue: When I tried Start Menu Troubleshooter, I got this issue: Required applications are not installed correctly "Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctlyHow Can I solve this Issue?...
  3. Start Menu Troubleshooter Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Troubleshooter Issue: When I tried Start Menu Troubleshooter, I got this issue: Required applications are not installed correctly "Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctlyHow Can I solve this Issue?...
  4. Start Menu Troubleshooter Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu Troubleshooter!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu Troubleshooter!: Hi, as the "Start Menu Troubleshooter" been removed from Windows 10 ? I can not see it in "Additional Troubleshooters" ! Some sites say Microsoft have removed it and others how to downloaded it! I didn't want to try from a unknown site!BrianWindows 10 22H2...
  6. Start menu Troubleshooter!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu Troubleshooter!: Hi, as the "Start Menu Troubleshooter" been removed from Windows 10 ? I can not see it in "Additional Troubleshooters" ! Some sites say Microsoft have removed it and others how to downloaded it! I didn't want to try from a unknown site!BrianWindows 10 22H2...
  7. windows start troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start troubleshoot: Whenever I starts my PC the windows are all messed up; - middle click scrolling doesn't work, but middle click still works- media playback like in groove music or any other software will not play, it opens but won't play the sound or video- click dragging tabs in chrome...
  8. windows 10 troubleshooter will not start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 troubleshooter will not start: error code 0x8007007E comes up every time i try to use troubleshooter - I have tried a lot of youtube fixes without success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-troubleshooter-will-not-start/290a63b1-eb65-4166-8a99-b97c1c3407b0
  9. windows start menu troubleshooter

windows start menu troubleshooter: We have multiple users whose Start Menu is frozen and they can't easily get to their files... All have Windows 10 Professional ... There is supposed to be a troubleshooter - where do I find it......
  10. windows 10 start menu troubleshooter

windows 10 start menu troubleshooter: make start key to original windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-troubleshooter/eb888114-c35b-4626-bac6-91bbeb0d1b00