Start menu typing search doesn't work

Discus and support Start menu typing search doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name.
    What's going on? The Windows Search service is running.

I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

:)

Octopuss, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Loren Papa Win User

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Jun 12, 2018
  3. AB_721 Win User
    windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hello,

I have the same problem existing for more than 2 weeks ago. When trying select start menu I received message "critical mistake, start menu doesnt work. We´ll try to fix it next time you log on" and "immidetly logg off".

I tried everything, fsc scan (no corupted filles found), dism, powershell(attempt reinstall apps with offered commands), wsreset.exe, booting in safe mode (in safe mode the start menu also doesn´t work), etc.... but without succes. I log on with microsoft
    account. I had no installed new applications for a while.

Sorry for bad english...

Anton

AB_721, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu typing search doesn't work - Similar Threads - Start menu typing

2. Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working: When I tried to use the mobile hotspot function on my windows 10 laptop, the devices connected to the hotspot said "wifi doesn't have a vaid IP configuration". The computer gets its own wifi through an ethernet cable. I have tried reinstalling drivers on both devices(the...
  3. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  4. Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update): I've already re-paired my cans several times, they will pair but not connect. When I turn on the headphones I get the "Power On" message but I never receive the "Bluetooth Connected" prompt. No audio from headphones and the device doesn't show up under the new crummy...
  5. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  6. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  7. Feature: Searching in Doc History

Feature: Searching in Doc History: Is there plans to allow searches in Document History for One Drive going to be made possible. If there is collaboration of a specific document where changes are constantly taking place and there is a need to find a particular change in a particular version, it would be nice...
  8. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help. Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system...
  9. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  10. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...: My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10. I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game. I prolly didn't played it for more...