Start menu typing search doesn't work

Discus and support Start menu typing search doesn't work in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

1. Octopuss Win User

I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name.
    What's going on? The Windows Search service is running.

I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

:)

2. Loren Papa Win User

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

3. AB_721 Win User
    windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hello,

I have the same problem existing for more than 2 weeks ago. When trying select start menu I received message "critical mistake, start menu doesnt work. We´ll try to fix it next time you log on" and "immidetly logg off".

I tried everything, fsc scan (no corupted filles found), dism, powershell(attempt reinstall apps with offered commands), wsreset.exe, booting in safe mode (in safe mode the start menu also doesn´t work), etc.... but without succes. I log on with microsoft
    account. I had no installed new applications for a while.

Sorry for bad english...

Anton

Thema:

Start menu typing search doesn't work

Start menu typing search doesn't work - Similar Threads - Start menu typing

1. Start Menu Customization

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  2. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  3. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise: I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc...
  4. Would an out-of-date video driver cause the Start menu to stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Would an out-of-date video driver cause the Start menu to stop working: Hello, A while back, I had a problem where the Start menu wouldn't work. This started as an intermittent problem that usually went away when I rebooted, but developed into a full-time issue. Despite a lot of help in this forum (thanks again to all those who put in so much...
  5. Start menu closes when I type instead of searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu closes when I type instead of searching: Sometimes when I open the start menu and start typing, the start menu closes instead of searching for the character string that I type. Why does it do this? Thanks. 100601
  6. Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters: I just recently got a desktop from CyberPowerPC, gua2400bst model, and I noticed that whenever I go to use the start menu, it will open normally and I can still click on settings or tiles, but when I go to type to search, it will let me type for about 1 second, no matter how...
  7. You can make the type on the start menu larger.

in Windows 10 Support
    You can make the type on the start menu larger.: Hi This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger. Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom there is the More Options, option. Set it to Larger and the type on the Start Menu will get a lot bigger. I'd rather have...
Start menu typing search doesn't work solved