Windows 10: Start menu typing search doesn't work

Discus and support Start menu typing search doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Start menu typing search doesn't work

I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name.
    What's going on? The Windows Search service is running.

I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

:)

Octopuss, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Loren Papa Win User

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Jun 12, 2018
  3. AB_721 Win User
    windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hello,

I have the same problem existing for more than 2 weeks ago. When trying select start menu I received message "critical mistake, start menu doesnt work. We´ll try to fix it next time you log on" and "immidetly logg off".

I tried everything, fsc scan (no corupted filles found), dism, powershell(attempt reinstall apps with offered commands), wsreset.exe, booting in safe mode (in safe mode the start menu also doesn´t work), etc.... but without succes. I log on with microsoft
    account. I had no installed new applications for a while.

Sorry for bad english...

Anton

AB_721, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Start menu typing search doesn't work

1. Start menu typing search doesn't work - Similar Threads - Start menu typing

2. Start menu doesn't work on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't work on windows 10: Start menu doesn't work on windows 10, HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-menu-doesnt-work-on-windows-10/4f242685-563f-4b3c-91a8-4f25fc8f3679
  3. Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work...: So the 29th of July i went ahead and installed the Windows 10 update. It installed correctly and ran smooth without any problems for a few hours. Suddenly i realized that my Start Menu button didn't open the start menu when i clicked it. Neither did the search button. I...
  4. Start menu shortcuts doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts doesn't work: After installing Creators Update, programs shortcuts already uninstalled continues to show on start menu. For example, I uninstalled Forza Motorsport 6, and if I type "Forza..." in the start menu, the shortcut appears and if I click nothing happens, either with the left...
  5. Start menu closes when I type instead of searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu closes when I type instead of searching: Sometimes when I open the start menu and start typing, the start menu closes instead of searching for the character string that I type. Why does it do this? Thanks. 100601
  6. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...
  7. Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work: Hi i notice that overtime, my star menu, search bar, and/or right click taskbar doesn't work unless i restart the computer or restart Windows Explorer in task manager. I have a feeling standing by my pc is causing this. Any1 know why this is happening? my computer is...
  8. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam: The shortcut is here: [img] But if I search nothing comes up. It has not problems finding Blender and Skyrim ... [img] 6209
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...