Windows 10: Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

Discus and support Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All I'm running Win 10 Build 10162 and Running Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m. When I run Chrome the start menu doesn't open and makes life a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phillycodehound, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

Hi All

I'm running Win 10 Build 10162 and Running Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m. When I run Chrome the start menu doesn't open and makes life a living hell. Does anyone have a solution for this issue? I know it's a technical preview and I should be using it on a production machine, but I'm too far down the rabbit hole to turn back.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

:)

phillycodehound, Jul 9, 2015
  2. VikasPlab Win User
    VikasPlab, Jul 9, 2015
  3. VikasPlab Win User
    Start Menu Doesn't open when using Google Chrome Browser.

You know everything was fine but suddenly I have started facing this major problem in my PC. Whenever I uses Google Chrome browser, start menu stops responding and doesn't open at all.

The only ways I found is to end File Explorer program from Task Manager and restart it. This closes all windows and I face a lot of problems. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks.

VikasPlab, Jul 9, 2015
  4. Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

I'm not sure that Chrome is the culprit, but ...

Start has had a few opening issues for a few releases.

The workaround I use is to launch Settings > Personalization > Start ... toggle the switches on or off and test if Start opens. It might take a 2nd toggle on or off.

This seems to be fixed in 10.0.166

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm using: 43.0.2357.132 m

And I've not had that issue with either 10162 or 10166. Sorry... no clue as of yet.

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  6. I updated to the latest build and it was fixed.

phillycodehound, Jul 13, 2015
  7. Glad the latest build solved the issue fro you. Thanks for posting the information.

One last thing - could you mark your thread as Solved - thanks.

I'm in the western burbs of Philly - smack between Philly and Lancaster.

Slartybart, Jul 13, 2015
  8. Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

Apparently it's not working again. :-(

phillycodehound, Jul 13, 2015
  9. Try the toggle I suggest in post #2

If that gets Start working again, then expect recurrences. I haven't seen the issue on his machine with 10.0.166

If toggling the switches does NOT help - there might be another workaround ... I'd have to look for it. The MS forum for Windows Insiders is fairly good for finding stuff.

Threads: Windows Insider Program

Wikis: Windows Insider Program

Slartybart, Jul 14, 2015
  10. What I did was to reset windows 10 and it all works

phillycodehound, Jul 15, 2015
  11. Glad it got sorted and thanks for posting the resolution that worked on your machine.

When you get the chance, please mark your thread solved - thanks

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

1. Start Menu Won't Open When Using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m - Similar Threads - Start Menu Won't

2. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  3. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  4. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  6. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  7. Start menu won't open

Start menu won't open: I tried everything including: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and some more but, sfc gives me an error: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. and DISM gives me...
  8. Start Menu won't open

Start Menu won't open: The start menu won't open on my computer. I checked the Windows System log and found: Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.423_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "2147958016" Happened...
  9. Windows start menu won't open

Windows start menu won't open: When I click on the start button nothing happens. How do I get into Windows 10? When I press the windows logo key nothing happens. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-wont-open/b47a8366-1687-48f9-895e-bc1a6adc45c4
  10. Start menu or search won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu or search won't open: I did a clean install of w10 from w7 a couple of months ago and everything has been running fine until about a week ago since when I've not been able open the start menue. Reading through other posts on line with the same problem has not provided a solution so far. I've ran...