Windows 10: Start Menu

Discus and support Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 4 programs which should start with Windows but don't do so, namely Malwarebytes, WinPatrol , Zemana AntiLogger and Icon Restorer. I selected pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by royw, Jan 22, 2018.

1. royw Win User

Start Menu

I have 4 programs which should start with Windows but don't do so, namely Malwarebytes, WinPatrol , Zemana AntiLogger and Icon Restorer. I selected pin to start for all 4 but they still don't start with Windows. What can I do about this?

:)

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 22, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Start Menu

C:\Users\-------\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You need shortcuts here if they have no way of setting themselves to start automatically in the various registry keys.

Note in Winpatrol - try this:

Start Menu [​IMG]

Win 10's start menu doesn't give you access to the Startup folder - anther reason I don't use Win 10s start menu.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2018
  5. royw Win User
    dalchina, I did as you suggested but the 4 programs concerned still don't start with Windows. Any other ideas?

6. dalchina New Member
    Do the programs launch normally from a shortcut?

Note that Winpatrol's correct startup entry is in the registry:

Start Menu [​IMG]

If you use Sysinternals (MS's now) Autoruns (free), you can use Entry, Find to search for your startups as above.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2018
  7. royw Win User
    dalchina, I can launch the programs from shortcuts, but none of the 4 programs are in the registry in the area shown in your screenshot. How do I add them to that registry location?

8. dalchina New Member

Start Menu

How a program launches is quite variable - there are several possible locations. I have only given you one illustration. You do not add them yourself.

If you cannot get Winpatrol to create that location, I suggest you have a permissions problem in your registry.
    Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, go through the different stages carefully, and select only the relevant repair. (search for it- easily found).

Restart and then see if Winpatrol can create its correct startup entry.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu

1. Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  3. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  4. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  6. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  7. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

8. How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu: Starting next month and available as a preview right now, Windows 11's Start Menu will show promotions for certain apps. This time, advertised apps will show up in the recommended section of the Start Menu of the operating system. The new placement complements the...
  9. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  10. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...