Windows 10: Start not showing on 2d computer

Discus and support Start not showing on 2d computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys, well Windows 10 installed smoothly starting from inside hub. The computer from my wife installed in the same way, BUT while i can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Start not showing on 2d computer

hi guys,

well Windows 10 installed smoothly starting from inside hub.

The computer from my wife installed in the same way, BUT while i can get the STARTSCREEN, she gets the older start that was there in some of the previous builds.

Anyone ideas how i can change this?

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015
  2. smr3226 Win User

can't install the Minesweeper on the other (2d computer)

Original Title: failure to install MS game on windows 10

I have an admin acct. on 2 computers running win 10. I've installed MS Minesweeper on one and can't install the game on the other (2d computer). . Its a free game and supposedly can be installed on up to 10 computers. When I go to ms store on the 2d computer
    it says I already own the game and can install it on this devise. It does not appear as an app. on the list. I click on "install" - little dots start to move horizontally but nothings happens. I have installed another MS game on the 2d computer. Any ideas
    as to why it won't install?

smr3226, Jul 29, 2015
  3. kburgoyne Win User
    Windows Hello - Supported Camera List?

You wouldn't want Hello to work with 2D cameras. All somebody would need to do is show your device your photograph. A 2D camera can't tell the difference. If Hello worked with 2D cameras, security experts would be laughing all over the Internet about
    how useless it is and how nobody should ever use it.

kburgoyne, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Start not showing on 2d computer

Quick question for clarity, was your Wife's machine on the Insider program?

There may be potential files left over from the older builds?

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  5. jeffrys Win User
    no ,

it was an upgrade from Wins 8.1 which was almost the same as Windows 10, so with the startscreen.

I am about to installing this on the 3d pc, and see what gives

but thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Jeff,

If it has activated, I would recommend doing a clean install anyway. The only reason that we recommend the upgrade option at the moment is so that your Windows 10 is activated against the hardware.

The quirks can be due to many things, but most likely corrupt files or issues with the original upgrade.

7. jeffrys Win User
    well Sniper,

the 2d pc coming from Windows 8.1 reacts just the same....

i will leave it like that because the users that where on Windows 8.1 never used the Start Screen.

But when i wanted to install Win 10 on the 4d pc, i get the message (after hitting upgrade) "something happened" you must reboot.

Well after the 3d reboot i have had it.

Am not interested in a clean install because then i have to reinstall the 35 programs that are on the computer also....

I have to do this then on 7 Windows 8.1 pc's and 1 Win 7 sp1 pc in total.

When i see the problems i have now....i am not so keen to do all that.

Jeff

jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Start not showing on 2d computer

Hey Jeff,

That sounds very irritating and I understand your frustration. On the machine that required multiple reboots, would you be able to get the windows logs and potentially the WindowsUpdate.log?

We may be able to narrow down the cause of the issue.

9. jeffrys Win User
    and this

J
    Start not showing on 2d computer [​IMG]

jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015
  10. jeffrys Win User
    sorry, deleted the wrong post

J
    Start not showing on 2d computer [​IMG]

jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  12. jeffrys Win User
    hi Sniper,

forget about the installation....

i clicked the wrong URL to create a media and i am not to shy to tell the truth.

My bad. tried to install the upgrade, but when i clicked on reserve nothing happened, so i tried it the manual way.

The fault you see is for my Logitech mouse, but i guess this will be fixed after the install.

So forgive me for the inconvenience.

Jeff

jeffrys, Jul 29, 2015
  13. jeffrys Win User

ok have to say this.

when sign-in to my MS account on the 4th pc, i still cannot reserve my copy. And when installing the latest patches to get them out of the way, i get the message RESERVE YOUR COPY NOW, cannot hit that either. Even learn more shows.....nothing.
    Strange. I was expecting that the upgrade would be easier.

On my wifes computer half of the icons on the taskbar where gone, Outlook was gone also and i had to reinstall the accounts.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start not showing on 2d computer - Similar Threads - Start showing computer

2. Windows maps only shows 2d buildings in road view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows maps only shows 2d buildings in road view: Windows maps does not show any 3d buildings in aerial view for some reason submitted by /u/Kaymations2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zutqrq/windows_maps_only_shows_2d_buildings_in_road_view/
  3. My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.: When I booted my computer, all my desktop application names, file names, even my time started showing gibberish letters. I don't know what to do, I googled lots of answers but none of them worked. I tried updating my graphics driver, updating windows, etc. I don't know what...
  4. My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer randomly started showing gibberish letters.: When I booted my computer, all my desktop application names, file names, even my time started showing gibberish letters. I don't know what to do, I googled lots of answers but none of them worked. I tried updating my graphics driver, updating windows, etc. I don't know what...
  5. 2D Games Lag On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2D Games Lag On Windows 11: After Upgrading To Windows 11 2D Games Like Undertale Lag. 3D Games Run The Same Way Like On Windows 10. Is There Any Way I Can Easily Fix It? I'm Not An Big IT Person, Sorry....
  6. 2D Games Lag On Windows 11

2D Games Lag On Windows 11: After Upgrading To Windows 11 2D Games Like Undertale Lag. 3D Games Run The Same Way Like On Windows 10. Is There Any Way I Can Easily Fix It? I'm Not An Big IT Person, Sorry....
  7. Not detecting 2d monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not detecting 2d monitor: I have done everything suggested online and still, Windows will not recognize my second monitor since the June 11 update.PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-2d-monitor/c7ace34e-ccea-49fb-bf4a-259ab17dc613
  8. Paint3d printing in 2d

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paint3d printing in 2d: I am trying to print a large image from the paint3d app in 2d. I don't want it to be adjusted to fit the paper, so I manually adjusted it to 100%. However, it is only printing the first page. Is there anyway to fix this and get it to print all the pages? submitted by...
  9. Printing 3D Models on 2D printing sheets

Printing 3D Models on 2D printing sheets: When trying to print a model on paper, it always prints at the same size even when I change the dimensions on 3d builder. Is it possible to print on paper in the same 2D dimensions as on the 3d builder application? Yours Sincerely MD 3D Printing ***Modified Title...
  10. 2d gaming with hololense?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2d gaming with hololense?: Hypothetically, instead of a major setup, could I just have a keyboard and mouse attached to my gaming PC and play the game through a hololense? How would that work, as I'd need a dedicated PC for the horsepower. Could I connect my Gaming PC directly to the hololense or would...