Windows 10: Start Outlook to system tray at logon

Discus and support Start Outlook to system tray at logon in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello to everybody, What I would like to do is to start Outlook 2016 at logon minimized to the notification area (system tray) ONLY. I have tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ddelo, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ddelo Win User

Start Outlook to system tray at logon

Hello to everybody,
    What I would like to do is to start Outlook 2016 at logon minimized to the notification area (system tray) ONLY.

I have tried it in 3 different ways:
    1. Created a task to run after 1 minute from logon.
    <Command>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE"</Command><Arguments>/recycle</Arguments>2. Added a shortcut in the startup folder and have set its properties to run minimized which runs the command:
    Code: cmd /c start /min "" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE" /recycle[/quote] 3. Added the following entry in registry:
    Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] "OutlookAutoStart"="cmd /c start /min \"\" \"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office16\\OUTLOOK.EXE\" /recycle"[/quote] Settings:
    • Outlook is only “pinned to Start” and NOT in the taskbar.
    • I have enabled the option “Hide When Minimized” in the Outlook menu in the system tray.

All three methods work (my choice is the task, as it’s more flexible), but all three start Outlook minimized both in the taskbar and in the system tray.
    To get rid of the taskbar icon, I have to click on the taskbar icon, open Outlook and minimize it.

Can anyone provide a solution to auto open Outlook and only show its icon in the system tray and NOT in the taskbar?

:)

ddelo, Sep 22, 2017
  2. Scott WTD Win User

Notifications

The notification app is in the system tray. When I first started using Windows 10 I would get notifications from Outlook and Gmail; now I don't.

Scott WTD, Sep 22, 2017
  3. OutLook disappears when moved

Hi,

Maximize Outlook from System Tray. Right-click
    on the system tray icon of Outlook. Next, Deselect Hide When Minimized from
    the menu offered. When you do this, Outlook will comeback to maximized windows.

VinOth_VingO, Sep 22, 2017
  4. Start Outlook to system tray at logon

Right Click the Outlook Icon in the system tray and select "Hide when Minimized".

alphanumeric, Sep 22, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 22, 2017
  6. ddelo Win User
    As I said in my post, in Settings, I have already done this.

ddelo, Sep 22, 2017
  7. ddelo Win User
    ddelo, Sep 22, 2017
  8. mwake Win User

HI, I'm also interested in this. I am currently using the startup folder method but what is so bad about VB scripts do they affect performance or something compared to other methods?

mwake, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Outlook to system tray at logon - Similar Threads - Start Outlook system

2. Geforce Experience not starting on startup and is not in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Geforce Experience not starting on startup and is not in system tray: Hello. On my old pc Geforce Experience were always running, so i would get notificated when there was a new driver for my graphic card, but i just bought a new pc and i have Geforce Experience on it, but it doesnt start on statup and i dont have it in system tray, how do i...
  3. Geforce Experience not starting on startup and is not in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Geforce Experience not starting on startup and is not in system tray: Hello. On my old pc Geforce Experience were always running, so i would get notificated when there was a new driver for my graphic card, but i just bought a new pc and i have Geforce Experience on it, but it doesnt start on statup and i dont have it in system tray, how do i...
  4. Geforce Experience not starting on startup and is not in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu: Hi everyone, I need some help. So my laptop boots up perfectly fine and the windows 10 apps and the desktop apps also work perfectly. The problem i face is with the system tray or whatever the icons on the bottom right of the taskbar are called. When i try to click on...
  6. system tray missing

system tray missing: System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-missing/859a2afa-d26f-467c-877b-9857874489f4
  7. System tray

System tray: So not sure if it's widely known here, but I found out you can drag the system tray icons about to change the order. 140017
  8. system tray

system tray: the date and time have disappeared. I've tried everything but nothing works. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray/c2528115-5a76-4248-96e4-59575a562265
  9. Starting a program directly to the system tray (No window)

Starting a program directly to the system tray (No window): Hi all, I run a VPN on my desktop which autostarts when I boot up, using the VPN's included software. This opens a window showing me that I am connecting and general details. Usually, I immediately close the window, which has the effect of the program minimizing to the...
  10. Getting CoreTemp to start in system tray

Getting CoreTemp to start in system tray: I'm having a weird issue with CoreTemp at startup on my new Windows 10 64-bit PC. I'm using it to display the temp and CPU load in my system tray. I have it set to run at startup, and I have "start Core Temp minimized" selected. Yet during system startup the CoreTemp Window...