Windows 10: Start programs not working after win10 v1703 update

Discus and support Start programs not working after win10 v1703 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OS:- Win 10 creators update build version 15063 v1703 The programs on start search does not work, cannot click to open any program. But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rd04, Apr 6, 2017.

1. rd04 Win User

Start programs not working after win10 v1703 update

The programs on start search does not work, cannot click to open any program.
    But the applications downloaded from store or stock apps work.
    I have tried new user account, reinstalled OS with windows up to date.
    Tried the power shell to reset cortana and start button.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Please help.

:)

rd04, Apr 6, 2017

2. How to "Manually" Install Win10 v1607 Updates

Andre Da Costa,

The cumulative update "link" you provided was very enlightening for me. I did a MS Update Catalog search for (KB4020102) and it returned an update only for Win10 v1703 (Creators Update) and NOT v1607.

1). Does that mean the "Windows Update Standalone Installer" does not work on v1607?

2). Would I have to eventually update to v1703 (Creators Update)?

3). I currently have Win10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update) sitting in my v1607 Update Status page and NO v1703. Does that mean, when the time comes (after 2017 tax reporting), I could "skip" v1703 and directly install v1709...with the Standalone Installer incorporated?

Thanks for your guidance!!

Dan_de_Lion, Apr 6, 2017
  3. bvsukumar Win User
    Acer Laptop Win10 Upgraded to v1703 OS version: Fn Key not working after upgrade

Acer Laptop(Aspire V5 571p) Win10 v1511/1607 OS Upgrade to Win10 v1703 OS version: Fn Key not working after the upgrade.

bvsukumar, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

Start programs not working after win10 v1703 update

1. Start programs not working after win10 v1703 update - Similar Threads - Start programs working

2. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  3. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  4. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  5. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  6. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Program not starting after WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not starting after WIndows Update: I am having issues after an enforced Windows update yesterday. Presonus Studio One v5 will now not run. Instead, I get an error saying: "c:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error....etc...etc. Error status 0xc000012f"...
  8. Keyboard not working after win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working after win10 update: Please Help Me After I did the update, my keyboard died. I try to install an external can not, the keyboard on the screen does not work, and appears error osk.exe. I can't do anything, because I have to enter a password to enter the homescreen, but the keyboard doesn't...
  9. Programs don't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs don't work after update: Firealpaca and other art programs don't work after windows update. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-dont-work-after-update/78474ce8-7726-485a-9b83-8bb3d98a72d0
  10. start not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    start not working properly after update: After i have installed the last set of updates, i can no longer left click on start. When i click on the option to choose start up apps, everything is greyed out. 19084