Windows 10: Start screen removal

Discus and support Start screen removal in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I get 10 to boot direct without going through the start screen and requiring me to input a password every time. I'm the only one using this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by canuck257, Jan 13, 2016.

1. canuck257 Win User

Start screen removal

How do I get 10 to boot direct without going through the start screen and requiring me to input a password every time. I'm the only one using this computer as administrator.

:)

canuck257, Jan 13, 2016

2. Home screen Wallpaper (Removal)

I really don't give a damn WHO answers my question; as long as when I return, I find SOME kind of input for me to try! My machine is a Windows 10 operated laptop built by ASUS called.... ..I don't remember and it's too dark in here to read such tiny
    font; but I think it's called a Notebook.

Anyway, I have a library full of videos about half of which have no thumbnail for an icon. Instead there is the simple triangle pointing to the right (the all familiar "play" symbol). Finding myself with a little free time, (VERY LITTLE) I decided to find
    a favorite scene for one and take a screenshot followed by a pasting of that shot to the current icon thereby eliminating the IMMEDIATE need for the preview pane since the preview would be the new icon.

Well of course I should have known better! Don't jump down my throat YET! 1st let me finish the story. Anyway, I tried all kinds of things, some approaches included getting other apps involved (besides the file explorer where I started). The harder I
    tried, the more elaborate the avenues of approach would become and the more time consuming it was all becoming.What should have taken mere minutes (at most) to complete just one time was turning into hours and my red neck had, by now, engulfed my entire skull
    and with each failure I grew a bit more frustrated.

You'd think that an OS as complicated as Windows 10 would support such a simple routine considering how much cutting and pasting is already going on. The thing is, as my frustration grew, 3 gigahertz just was no longer fast enough (that's just a guess),
    and I began double, triple, and quadruple clicking when a click became necessary. It's that behavior that I attribute to what I found when I decided to put it all on hold. What I somehow managed to do was to turn that screenshot into a trans-coded wallpaper.

But that wasn't the end either. I also managed to paper my Homepage with it! Can you imagine that? All the time invested in trying to "wallpaper" an icon, and an experience to go with it that I'd better not describe, and somewhere in the midst of it
    all, accidentally papering my Homepage instead! I'm going to try and change the wallpaper via substitution. If that does or doesn't work I'll return with th results regardless.

Thanks for anything you do in the way of providing assistance, y que tenga felitz caminos.

M.T. Bucket, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Home screen Wallpaper (Removal)

Hello,

Please provide more information before we proceed.

Are you trying to remove the wallpaper(Desktop background)?

If yes, Please refer to the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start button then select Settings icon.

2. Select Personalization.

3. Click on Background.

4. You may change the wallpaper to different background.

Please try performing above steps and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 13, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User
Thema:

Start screen removal

1. Start screen removal - Similar Threads - Start screen removal

2. Remove "Recommended" from the start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "Recommended" from the start screen: Does anyone know whether this can be done, and if so how? It takes up half the start screen so now I have to scroll to find my most used apps. It's nonsense -why would I want to know what Microsoft recommends? And then secondly under Windows 10, "Recently added" was at the...
  3. Remove "Recommended" from the start screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove "Recommended" from the start screen: Does anyone know whether this can be done, and if so how? It takes up half the start screen so now I have to scroll to find my most used apps. It's nonsense -why would I want to know what Microsoft recommends? And then secondly under Windows 10, "Recently added" was at the...
  4. Fresh Start removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start removed?: I restored a laptop to its original factory setting, and then updated it to Window 10 version 21H1 May 2021 update. I am wanting to rid this computer of all the bloatware it came with from the factory, and want to use the "Fresh Start" feature to do so. Now, when I follow the...
  5. start screen remove picture files and icons

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    start screen remove picture files and icons: After transferring a few photos from a memory stick and saving to a file on the laptop, I find them on the start screen. Before that, I noticed new items like Adobe on the start screen and all icons in larger size. I don`t know how this happened but I need to correct it...
  6. Remove start security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove start security: How do I remove the password and the pin requirement when starting Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-security/de9d7d53-f7cf-4d9a-9fb9-3729cf965299
  7. Remove Start button

Remove Start button: Hi I am a Windows 10 user and i like to see my screen clean of buttons as most of the tasks are very easily fulfilled by the keyboard. One of such buttons is the start button. Is there any way i can remove the Start button from my taskbar? * Moved from Health & Band...
  8. Remove login screen when computer starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove login screen when computer starts: Hi all, I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 (refresh) and it asked me to create a PIN to login. It worked fine using the PIN but I tried to remove this login screen to access directly to my desktop once I turned the computer on. Tried the netplwiz approach as I saw...
  9. Remove "Pin to Start"

Remove "Pin to Start": I always accidentally click "Pin to Start" when I want to empty the recycle bin, by right-clicking the recycle bin on the desktop. Is there a way to remove it, or place it somewhere else in the context menu?...
  10. Removing the lock screen when Windows is started

Removing the lock screen when Windows is started: Hi Using Windows 10 v1607, how do I remove the lock screen when Windows is started? Thanks Bye 72539