Windows 10: Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by K Mc, Aug 24, 2018.

1. K Mc Win User

Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler?

Thank you.

:)

2. Task Scheduler service will not start.

first, the computer does update regularly but its hard to say if this started directly after one

second, the exact error message is "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs"

third, Running the Task Scheduler program doesn't seem to have any effect, and the first thing to come up when i do is a message saying "Unable to connect to remote computer"

grimdragon2001, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

ok, first, Restart is grayed out when i try to right click, only start is available. every time i select that i get the same "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
    services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs" message.

already tried SFC before asking, did not work. tried DISM, and that solved nothing.

grimdragon2001, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

1. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Start stop program

2. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  3. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  4. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  5. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task scheduler started and then stopped

Task scheduler started and then stopped: I have tried to restart my pc, the command sfc /scannow, all its dependencies are started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-started-and-then-stopped/c93037d9-1f67-4608-83df-68be8f2da9df
  7. Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions: Hi there, I use a scheduled task to start a backup with beyond compare, but I need ondrive to start first. So I have two Actions in one schedule: Start a program C:\... ondrive.exe Start a program C:\... BCompare.exe Does the second action for Beyond Compare waits till the...
  8. Task Scheduler is not starting

Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  9. Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office: Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable the black theme in Office 2016. It needs to be run each time any Office app opens. I can do this on an individual basis, or...
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler restart a program

2. start stop program service

3. how to stop and start a program in task scheduler

4. start in task scheduler,
  5. use task scheduler to quit program,
  6. Task Scheduler does stop task stop application?,
  7. task scheduler run program from start menu,
  8. windows scheduler how to start a program,
  9. how to end a program with task SCHEDULER,
  10. start a program task scheduler not starting a program,
  11. windows task scheduler trigger on program stop,