Windows 10: Start Tile Problem

Discus and support Start Tile Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The screenshot shows a tile with its icon filling a very small area in the upper left corner of the tile box. This condition occurs every once in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markg2, Sep 19, 2017.

1. markg2 Win User

Start Tile Problem

The screenshot shows a tile with its icon filling a very small area in the upper left corner of the tile box. This condition occurs every once in a while after installing a new application. I cannot figure out how to resolve. If I change the size of the tile other odd things occur but the tile remains oddly dissimilar to what a correct tile should look like.

The tile in question is between that for Everywhere and iTunes and below Firefox.

Suggestion?

Mark

:)

markg2, Sep 19, 2017

2. Having trouble with tiles in Windows 10

I have two problems with Start menu tiles on windows 10:

• I accidentally stacked an App tile, and I want to unstack it. The stacked tile remains on my desktop even when the Start menu is closed. How do I unstack the tile and (if it doesn"t automatically happen) make the tile stick to my menu and not my desktop?
    • Anumber of tiles won't move when I click-and-drag, What's the problem here?
    Many thanks.

RogerBlair1, Sep 19, 2017
  3. tino.du Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot delete or unpin a tile from the Start Menu

(Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014)

My problem started after uninstalling "Pandora App" (it was there on the Start after fresh Windows installation, I never run it and didn't want it). App was gone, but Tile was still there, without icon and instead of app name tile had package name. Right
    Click offered "Resize" and "More -> Turn Live Tile Off", there was no option for "Unpin from Start".

What I did was, drag&drop another functioning tile over problematic one and created a Tile Folder. Then I clicked on newly created Tile Folder to open it and then dragged problematic Tile outside Tile Folder back to Start. That operation somehow crashed
    whole Start Start Tile Problem :) Next time I opened Start it problematic tile was gone.

tino.du, Sep 19, 2017
  4. Clint Win User

Start Tile Problem

I have a similar problem. My tile is completely blank.

Start Tile Problem [​IMG]

Clint, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    That's a new feature and allows one to drag Tiles into another Tile, simulates a Folder. Those little Tiles can be dragged back to the list. Or just click that Tile and should open the list of what is in it. It's an easy way to keep seldom used Tiles available but not taking up screen room.

Berton, Sep 19, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I've had a blank tile for an older version of WordPerfect, showed only the name. Upgrading to the latest version put things right. Your Garmin program may have an update that will fix that but it may also need an Upgrade.

Berton, Sep 19, 2017
  7. Clint Win User
    I have unpinned mine from start leaving a blank space. Then re pinned in the blank space and it's still empty.

Clint, Sep 19, 2017
  8. Clint Win User

Start Tile Problem

I have updated several times and it's still blank.

Clint, Sep 19, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I had done the same with my WordPerfect X8 along with a reinstall but it took the Upgrade to version X9 to correct the issue. I think we may see more of the problem as older programs stay in use.

Berton, Sep 19, 2017
  10. markg2 Win User
    If I click on the tile it's copied to a new location with the correct size icon. A separate row with a line above and below and the tile being the sole entry. I say copied since there now is a placeholder tile that's sort of where the tiny one resided and the placeholder is blank with a ^ in the center. The icon has a small blue dot at the upper left. What's that signify?

When I leave and come back to start, the tile is back where it was initially.

I think you all are talking about blank tiles. Is there any way to get my tiny icon to fill the tile as with all others or is this a similar condition to blank and I either need to move other icons into the tile creating an unwanted group or live with it?

EDIT: I gave up and grouped the icons as done on my phone.

Mark

markg2, Sep 19, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    No, Berton gave you the correct answer. It a a new feature for Creators Update called 'Live Folders' which allows you to group tiles into a single tile, much like using folders in Explorer. What you have is a Live folder containing one tile. See this tutorial for more details.

Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10

12. markg2 Win User
    Now that I've read the link I get Berton's point. Plus, now that I've read Shawn's tutorial I'm totally in with the live folders Start Tile Problem :)!

Mark

markg2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Tile Problem

1. Start Tile Problem - Similar Threads - Start Tile Problem

2. Tiles on the start page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on the start page: I have modified the tiles in groups of app types, like Office, Creative, games & utilities, but when I shut down or restart, the tiles are back to the default settings....
  3. start tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start tiles: cant remove or unpin or delete folder in start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/efe6c51f-207c-496a-a6cf-1bd004f85749
  4. start tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start tiles: how do you build an app in the tile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/16a37e54-ad94-4a28-ae17-99d0eab44401
  5. Start Menu Tile Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Tile Problem: I have a number of computers and I regularly fix and maintain a number of others. Yesterday, I rebuilt a laptop with the latest OS build 17134.167 and, as usual, I delete quite a number of tiles from the start menu and then add a couple of my own. To my amazement, all the...
  6. Problem with start tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with start tiles: When I click on the News or Weather tile, I get a flash across the screen but nothing opens. All other tiles work fine. Any ideas? Thanks. 27440
  7. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...
  8. Start menu tiles problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles problem: I have very annoying problem with the start menu. When I expand the menu horizontally, the tiles wont move in to the empty space. I have tried everything. Cant move them manually either by dragging. Tiles just stay left. Here's picture of my problem: Imgur I will greatly...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326