Windows 10: Start up and annoying pop ups

Discus and support Start up and annoying pop ups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New laptop set up by store Windows 10. hard drive failed after 3 weeks so new machine given !!!! and set up done again. This time it is completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alta, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Alta Win User

Start up and annoying pop ups

New laptop set up by store Windows 10. hard drive failed after 3 weeks so new machine given !!!! and set up done again. This time it is completely different and I dont know how to correct it,
    1 at the start I only have those damn tiles and my "list" to the far left is missing, like the one in Windows 7. how do I get that back, is there an easy way as im not techie*Huh
    2 when im on any page, if i move my cursor from right to left i get a clock and options bar to right it just appears.

I just want the windows 7 start up list back and the damn floating clock gone, then maybe I will start to like Windows 10.

:)

2. Annoying Pop-up Start Window

This does not help me at all. When I am in the middle of doing work on the computer, or when the computer is unused for a minute, the start up pop up key in the left still always starts automatically. I've tried to de-activate this from happening and tried
    many times, but cant seem to figure this one out. If there was a way to keep this from happening, i would really like to know seeing how this is very annoying and very disruptive!

TrishaMoulton, Oct 17, 2015
  3. lmm324 Win User
    Annoying Pop-up Start Window

Start up and annoying pop ups [​IMG]

I keep having this outlined pop-up come up so frequently that it sometimes is difficult to type or do anything else. I upgraded to Windows 10 today and that is when the problem started. How do I stop it from popping up? I suspect that I might have a sticky
    hotkey for it, but I'm not sure how it is controlled. What is this box called and what are the hotkeys for it so that I can disable them? Thank you for your help.

lmm324, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Download and install Classic Shell. That will give you back your Windows 7 style Start Menu.

A better option is Stardock's Start8 but it costs $4.99.

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2015
  5. xpclient Win User
    IMHO, Classic Shell is better than Start8 since it has everything Start8 has plus more.

xpclient, Oct 20, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Classic shell is great for those who are used to dealing with a little more complex type of programs. Start8 does not give you the App menu. Start10 does. As for a floating clock, that is something that I have not seen, unless it is new.

I would say Start10, and download the old Windows 7 style Calculator from Old Windows 7 Calculator for Windows 10

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start up and annoying pop ups - Similar Threads - Start annoying pop

2. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  3. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  4. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Annoying pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop-up: I keep getting an annoying pop-up asking me to activate my Norton license with an activation code. The pop-up is apparently sent by Microsoft Edge.singaporelocalfavourites.com The bigger problem is that the same sender keeps sending me pop-ups asking me to sign on for some...
  6. Annoying pop-ups

Annoying pop-ups: How can I stop the pop-up that occurs when my curser touches a link in my mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-ups/5b104e5b-ac3e-4218-8c70-8132729a0515
  7. Annoying pop up message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop up message: I keep getting the following pop message; c:users\users\appdata\roaming\03d402\eKYC fkc.vbs any ideas how to get rid of it please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-up-message/75cdd4c5-3be0-4864-9eb0-313ed2a64817"
  8. annoying pop up

in Browsers and Email
    annoying pop up: [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop...
  9. Very annoying pop-up

Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...
  10. Annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop-up: After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it. If only MS added some text to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why pop ups show on my laptop automatically.i cant do anything

2. how to deal with windows security message pop up re driver software

3. windows irritationg start up pop ups