Windows 10: start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails

Discus and support start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I'm not sure if this is the best subforum, the bsod subforum, or another, so admin can feel free to move it if this is not the best subforum. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by angelgabbby, Jan 15, 2017.

1. start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails

Hello.
    I'm not sure if this is the best subforum, the bsod subforum, or another, so admin can feel free to move it if this is not the best subforum. I have searched & searched this issue recently however nothing I've found as possible solutions worked, and I figured with my luck I'd screw it up more if I continued lol

Suddenly a few days ago I was playing my Xbox & noticed my laptop with Windows 10 (I upgraded it to Windows 10 online via their free upgrade from 8 thing) restart. I kinda thought it to be weird because I was pretty sure it just updated the day before, but I just figured it must be another one. When it finally got restarted & to the screen to enter my password, the graphics (the background pic) was flashing weird, kinda reminded me on maybe keys stuck. It wouldn't keep from flashing long enough to enter my password, ctrl alt delete did nothing, along with esc, & anything else I tried. I finally had to turn it off via power button. I waited a minute & restarted but got the blue screen saying windows couldn't start.

I have tried all the options, to no avail EXCEPT I do have Windows 7 on it too. I can boot into Windows 7 (I'm using it now) with no problem. Also from what I can tell when I'm in 7, looking at the drive with Windows 10 on it, it seems to definitely be there. In fact I can open up my files (on the 10 drive) as usual from the Windows 7.

A REALLY odd & scary thing is that one of the 1st choices I tried was to restore back. The 1st time I chose it, it gave me my restore points. I chose one, etc etc. It seemed to take forever and I think it said it was successful, however when it went to reboot it came back up & said the same bs as before... Now if I go to restore. it shows NO restore points!!!

Of course I have also tried the system repair option, but it failed too. Now usually when I restart it, it tries to Automatically Repair, but fails.

Tell me what to do next please. Thank you very much for your help & assistance.*Mad

:)

angelgabbby, Jan 15, 2017

2. Start Up, automatic repair failed

Hi support team

my laptop on windows 10 suddenly does not continue to start up, it automatically goes to "automatic repair" and then to "diagnosing pc", then stops & returns back to "automatic repair"; overnight its been going through this loop.

please help. Thank you.

Mystique120, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Start Up, automatic repair failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, In order to assist you in a better way please answer the below questions.

1. Did you make change prior to this issue?

2. How did you install Windows 10 on your PC, is it by Windows update or media creation tool?

Meanwhile follow the below steps and check if helps.

Try to reset your PC using media creation tool.

The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC. Download the ISO image to a DVD or flash drive and insert to your PC to perform reset.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the below steps to perform Reset.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or flash drive, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

e) Click Reset this PC in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Select Keep my files in Reset this PC screen.

g) Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 15, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails

The next phase is probably a clean install of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails

1. start up, automatic repair, & everything else fails - Similar Threads - start automatic repair

2. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  3. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up repair failed/start up issues: I've been having an issue with my pc starting up slow, it's never been a major problem until it starts to refuse to start up sometimes. My mouse and monitor wouldn't even detect a signal from my pc. I would have to wait a few minutes until it does or just turn it off and on...
  4. start up repair failed/start up issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ENDLESS START UP LOOP - ''AUTOMATIC REPAIR FAILS'' ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ENDLESS START UP LOOP - ''AUTOMATIC REPAIR FAILS'' ERROR MESSAGE: I am currently stuck on an endless ''automatic repair'' loop - it fails to find the issue and just goes to choice of -> shut down -> or -> advance optionsThere are so so many fixes online and nothing seems to work. I cannot even go into SAFE MODE -> How can I even start if I...
  6. ENDLESS START UP LOOP - ''AUTOMATIC REPAIR FAILS'' ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ENDLESS START UP LOOP - ''AUTOMATIC REPAIR FAILS'' ERROR MESSAGE: I am currently stuck on an endless ''automatic repair'' loop - it fails to find the issue and just goes to choice of -> shut down -> or -> advance optionsThere are so so many fixes online and nothing seems to work. I cannot even go into SAFE MODE -> How can I even start if I...
  7. Automatic repair failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair failed: Hi, my laptop did an automatic repair 5 days ago. It goes to stage 1 and 2 then it says "automatic repair failed, restart or advanced options". It's been doing this for the past 5 days. I've tried command prompt using YouTube videos nothing worked. My laptop is Windows 10...
  8. Automatic repair fails

Automatic repair fails: When I start my computer first it pops up preparing automatic repair and then diagnosing your pc and then the problem Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc I tried so many way to fix this problem but no none of them work . I tried to reset my pc while keeping all my...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.

Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.: Everything was working fine, but today when I started my pc, it automatically started "Start up repair", after few minutes, it failed with error "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" Screenshot(not my PC's, but this image looks exactly like the error in my case):...
  10. Start-up: Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start-up: Preparing Automatic Repair: Hi Long story ... I have a Samsung laptop. Bought it years ago. I went over to Windows 10 when it just came out. After a while it started acting up, so I assumed it was old ... But then on a day on start-up it gave a black screen - nothing else. So I had someone look at it...