Windows 10: Start up/desktop screen changed

Discus and support Start up/desktop screen changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I turned on my computer this morning and instead of my start up taskbar and screen - I'm assuming Microsoft - changed it to their generic screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klodowd, Aug 4, 2018.

1. klodowd Win User

Start up/desktop screen changed

So I turned on my computer this morning and instead of my start up taskbar and screen - I'm assuming Microsoft - changed it to their generic screen and startup with all their sales pitches popping up. Does anyone know how I get back to my desktop screen with all my preferences?

:)

klodowd, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

only desktop works doesnt change to tiled screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?

I suggest to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Turn off Tablet Mode.

• Click on the Notification icon on the Taskbar.
    • It will open Action Center then click on Tablet Mode If its turned on.

Step 2: To turn off Full Screen Start Menu.

• Click on Start Menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Personalisation and Click on Start.
    • Turn off Use full start screen.

If the issue still persists follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Note: I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start up/desktop screen changed - Similar Threads - Start desktop screen

2. Screen resolution changes on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution changes on start up: My screen resolution keeps changing on start up. Obviously I can change it manually, however it's really annoying that I have to keep doing that.I've tried rolling back display driver and uninstalling them I've kind of run out of ideas now I honestly don't what else I could...
  3. Screen resolution changes on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution changes on start up: My screen resolution keeps changing on start up. Obviously I can change it manually, however it's really annoying that I have to keep doing that.I've tried rolling back display driver and uninstalling them I've kind of run out of ideas now I honestly don't what else I could...
  4. Horizontal Lines on Desktop Screen after Start-Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horizontal Lines on Desktop Screen after Start-Up: Hi. My desktop screen is showing some flickering horizontal lines after start-up. It's appearing mostly on the desktop screen and sometimes when watching a video on Youtube when using Google Chrome only. It will disappear after 15-20 mins.I did some RAM and SSD upgrades to my...
  5. Freeze on start up (Desktop)

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on start up (Desktop): As this is the second time it has happened - I would like some advise on the matter please. Thereafter I turn my PC on - I would say 5/10 seconds in on the desktop, the whole computer will lock. The keyboard is lighting up, as is the mouse, but they too are unresponsive This...
  6. desktop start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    desktop start up: my window 10 desktop when starting there's a red light that blinks 4 time and will not start just keeps blinking and sounding noise help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-start-up/18dc1f7e-bd8c-4936-9f36-ff0ffb1c64f4
  7. disk clean-up changed start/desktop

disk clean-up changed start/desktop: My inexpensive Toshiba convertible laptop just keeps running slower and slower, so Tuesday I read somewhere about Disk Clean-up (C-Net?) and tried using it. I hoped that since data was promised not to be lost, I could safely go the extra step of running a system clean-up...
  8. Change start up screen

Change start up screen: How do you change the picture that shows when you first startup on win 10? The one where you put in the password. *Huh Thanks sciolist 127852
  9. Change start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Change start up screen: How do you change the picture that shows when you first startup on win 10? The one where you put in the password. *Huh Thanks sciolist 127852
  10. Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices: When you shut down 10 and boot again, it goes directly to the last user. In the old days we had a choice as to who will log in at start-up. Can we get that choice back? Otherwise we have to log out and choose who will log in, (in this case it would be nice if the...