Windows 10: Start-up item not starting.

Discus and support Start-up item not starting. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Program Files folder I have a file called "ClocX.exe". If I double-click on it the clock appears on my Desktop. But in Task Manager > Start-up I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stevekir, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

Start-up item not starting.

In Program Files folder I have a file called "ClocX.exe". If I double-click on it the clock appears on my Desktop. But in Task Manager > Start-up I cannot get ClocX.exe to apear automatically on start-up whatever I do: drag ClocX.exe (or its Shortcut) on to the Start-up window; or Task Manager > File > Run new task and when I type ClocX.exe Windows says it cannot find it (with or without "Create this task with administrative provileges" being checked - I am the Admimnistrator). Alternatively (still in Run new task) I browse for the file but it still will not appear.

I haver several other items in my start-up folder which do start-up. ClocX's home page includes "Automatic start with Windows (for all users) or with user login (only for your user)."

How can I get ClocX.exe into my start-up items list so on start-up it automatically appears on my desktop?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Aug 3, 2017
  2. TECHY 15 Win User

Start-up items not appearing in Task Manager, Start-up tab

Hi,

I have recently upgraded two of my computers to Windows Ten. Previously they were running Windows Seven.

Since doing the upgrade I have noticed that if I look at the Star-up tab in Task Manager, on one of the computers none of the programs that are actually starting at Windows Start-up are shown, and on the other computer only two of the programs are shown.

Eight programs are starting on the first computer and six on the second one. There was no problem with these programs showing in Start-up when on Windows Seven.

I would be grateful for any advise.

Regards,

TECHY 15, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Start-up items not appearing in Task Manager, Start-up tab

Techy,

Autoruns should list all of them. May be you need to look at services as well as in Scheduled tasks.

Can you save the Autoruns report (as .ARN file), zip and upload to OneDrive. Share the link here.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Start-up item not starting.

I have just tried it and both options (user/admin) work just fine, it will start after restart. Most likely something is preventing it from adding to startup, I would guess AV and you have 2 AVs running, which is not good actually. Try to add "ClocX.exe" to exceptions and also check logs, it might be marked as PUP.

TairikuOkami, Aug 3, 2017
  5. Stevekir Win User
    Tairiku:

Thanks but I don't understand:

"I would guess AV and you have 2 AVs running, which is not good actually." What is an AV; What are their file names? Why is it bad to have two running?

"Try to add "ClocX.exe" to exceptions": What are "Exceptions"? How do I locate them?

However, by experimenting with the settings for ClocX (Right-click on its image on the desktop > Options) I set Run ClocX with Windows (admin) and it loads on startup. Also, while I was on that Options window, I set Unmovable window and unset Allow multiple instances. all good now.

Thanks.

Stevekir, Aug 3, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start-up item not starting.

1. Start-up item not starting. - Similar Threads - Start item starting

2. Task manager "there are no start-up items to display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager "there are no start-up items to display": I have this problem, now i've seen other ppl have it and some fixes, but none of them work, some said just restore the folder which was 'deleted' some said recreate the folder, i did all of those folder tricks and more, but nothing has worked for me. now is there a fix that...
  3. Unnamed Start Menu Item

Unnamed Start Menu Item: Hi, Under the "Other" section of my start menu is an item with no logo, "ms-resourceAppListName" which is a bit unsightly. If I click on it, it launches the People app. I can't find a way to restore the title and icon and it seems I can't uninstall the app even though I...
  4. Start-up item enable / disable access for users

Start-up item enable / disable access for users: Hello, Need help to create a group policy to allow users to enable / disable startup items under taskmanager , currently these options are greyed. - All client machines are latest version of win 10 - Domain 2016...
  5. Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

Pinning .msc Items to "Start".: Ok so, I know that I can right click on something in the Start Menu and click "Pin To Start". . . Is there any possible way that I could pin "gpedit.msc" to Start? 136694
  6. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  7. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  8. Items shown by Start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Items shown by Start button: When I click the Start icon (bottom left) I get a vertical list containing the on/off, settings,and file manager. I am told that I could add Documents and Pictures to this list but I just don't know the right words to use to search for a way to make this happen. Can anyone...
  9. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  10. Making items on START smaller

Making items on START smaller: hey guys, included a pic from my Start Menu. I would make the tekst in the LEFT PANE look smaller. Is there a way to do so? Thanks in advance Jeff [img] 26914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 clocx not starting at startup

2. clocx will not start auto start

3. clocx will not start up