Windows 10: Start up menu and Taskbar problems

Discus and support Start up menu and Taskbar problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wruffne3, Jan 12, 2016.

1. wruffne3 Win User

Start up menu and Taskbar problems

I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail.
    The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew how? I'm obviously not real computer savy. It's no wonder they give this away if you had the audacity to charge people for something this screwed up you could get into real trouble

:)

wruffne3, Jan 12, 2016

2. start menu and taskbar problems

hello,

I've some problems with W10:

- the start menu doesn't want to open.

- right click on the start icon, or any program icon, does nothing.

- when a program goes full screen ( either a game or a movie) the task-bar won't hide itself even though it isn't locked.

the problems comes and goes as they please....

i already followed this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana.

what else can be done?

jérome gillain, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Dolly Cab Win User
    start menu and taskbar problems

Hi Michael,

There is a possibility that it’s caused by system conflict on your current user profile.

We recommend that you Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    and observe Start and task bar performance. You can also check thisForum Article
    created by Andre Da Costa on how to create a local account in Windows 10.

For further queries, don’t hesitate to post back on our Community Forums.

Dolly Cab, Jan 12, 2016
  4. richc46 Win User

You may want to stop using Edge and download and use Chrome. Edge seems to cause freezing in some computers.

richc46, Jan 12, 2016
  5. wruffne3 Win User
    thank you edge is gone from the startup menu.

wruffne3, Jan 13, 2016
  6. wruffne3 Win User
    It still doesn't work though

wruffne3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start up menu and Taskbar problems - Similar Threads - Start menu Taskbar

2. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  3. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  4. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  5. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  6. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  8. Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems: I did the sfc scannow, the powershell app thing, I think I did the DSIM thing too. What can I do? 28297
  9. Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.: Today the start menu and taskbar froze up and refused to open. I had to do a restart using task manager. Working fine now, but are there any ways to resolve this issue without having to restart the computer, in case this happens next time? A bit annoyed that such an issue...
  10. Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help: Hi, i am facing a really hard time with my windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 (like 3 days ago), everything was working fine, but now my taskbar is having all kind of problems like literally, first start with my "Start Menu" it not functioning anymore, than the...