Windows 10: Start-up of Installation CD

Discus and support Start-up of Installation CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When installing a new printer and when installing Turbo Tax my Lenovo computer would not play either CD. I went to the Canon website and downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by logman, Feb 23, 2017.

1. logman Win User

Start-up of Installation CD

When installing a new printer and when installing Turbo Tax my Lenovo computer would not play either CD. I went to the Canon website and downloaded the printer driver. The turbo Tax would not play and I thought the CD player was not working but I tried once more and then I noticed my Bitdefender Security was checking the CD, So I knew it was working. Eventually I went to the Device Mgr. and got it installed.
    QUESTION: How do I set it so CD's, flash drives, etc. to start automatically. My older versions of Windows always did that so I never had to bother........

:)

logman, Feb 23, 2017

2. My computer doesn't recognize any disc that I insert.

That's a data CD so it' doesn't need a player. It should open up in Explorer to install Turbotax from it's Setup.

Insert the CD and open File Explorer, right click the CD drive to choose AutoPlay or Open. If it autoplays it should start install. If not then choose Setup to install the app.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 23, 2017
  3. Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

a CD or DVD driver is pretty much generic. You do not even need a driver at boot up on a blank drive with no OS, how do you think your CD or DVD boots and starts to load Windows installation files when you go to install the operating system. Because your
    BIOS has the drivers to start the CD/DVD drive to even load the install files using autoexec.bat from the bootable install disk.

seahawks65, Feb 23, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I've not yet had to use it [always get a pop-up as to how I want to use it] but check AutoPlay in Control Panel. Right-click the Start button, click Control Panel.

Berton, Feb 23, 2017
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks Burton, I'll give that a try..........

logman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start-up of Installation CD - Similar Threads - Start Installation

2. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  3. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  4. when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...: when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts perfectly after i shut down my pc using power button if i dont use it it stucks at 100%...
  5. when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...: when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts perfectly after i shut down my pc using power button if i dont use it it stucks at 100%...
  6. when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...

7. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  8. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  9. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c
  10. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c