Windows 10: Start up problem after installing Windows 10

Discus and support Start up problem after installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I installed Windows 10, my PC is not starting right. When I press power button on PC the PC starts like this- I see black screen with an image of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015.

1. bobcat12 Win User

Start up problem after installing Windows 10

After I installed Windows 10, my PC is not starting right. When I press power button on PC the PC starts like this- I see black screen with an image of windows (blue collar) on the black background and than it stays this way. Doesn't perform its function so the desktop can't be seen. It just stays this way (black background with the image of windows). I have to force restart my PC by pressing power button on my desktop. The second time I press power button on my PC, it starts correctly, but little slow. I don't know what the problem is ,Can anyone please advice me what to do? this is the first time I am encountering such problem? Microsoft should have online help. So, they can remotely access PC and fix the problem or make an UPDATE to offset this problem. This is ridiculous! I called Microsoft, stayed for 60 minutes on the phone , no technical support answer.

:)

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015

2. Problem with Start Up after Installing Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check the issue:

Method 1: Let’s try to identify the exact cause that is creating the overheat issue. Follow the methods:

Please follow the steps to run the system maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to update the graphic card drivers from the manufactures website for windows 10, if it is not available then you can update the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Problem with Start Up after Installing Windows 10

Since updating to windows 10, i have had an issue with starting my PC. After Shut Down, if i go to restart my PC i am left with a black screen. To fix the problem i have to pull out the power cable from my PC wait for the computer to turn off then put it
    back in. When it is back in the computer launches normally. I have only encountered this problem since installing windows 10 so i assumed it is a problem with that. I have updated windows and my graphics card drivers multiple times with no results.

Any help would be appreciated,

Sam.

MisterEngland, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Can you take the picture of your machine please *Smile

Akane, Jul 31, 2015
  5. bobcat12 Win User
    What do u mean taking photo of my machine? I am talking about internal hardware error or something that is happening with the restart on windows 10. Besides how can you take picture of the mchine. I think that I have explained clearly what's happening with my PC. I am talking about see black screen with the blue squares(showing windows) log and nothing is happening it is not booting correctly. When I shut down PC and then press Power button it starts normally. But, it should be able to start from the first time.

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Could be that your boot record is screwed up, if so you'll need to repair it or delete your Windows partition and reinstall Windows; it could also be a corrupt BIOS or memory.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  8. bobcat12 Win User

I don't know how to do any of the mentioned above Reinstalling, etc. Besides, There got to be some way to detect the problem, Instead of screwing up computer uninstalling . reinstalling. Could that be that my power button on desktop is malfunctioning? PLease I need more help, the answer provided above is too vague!!

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015
  9. After three failed boots in a raw, you should be taken to the Windows Recovery utility.

10. bobcat12 Win User
    The problem is that the PC is not starting correctly when you press Power button on desktop. As I explained after it starts I see a black screen with logo of Windows 10 (blue collar window icon) and nothing, no toolbar. Then I shut down computer using power button, pressing it until the computer is off. Then I turn computer on by press SECOND time -power button on my PC, only then PC starts, but little bit slow. Besides, I cannot just play rebooting uninstalling, because I don't actually know what the problem is. Could that be also that the power button on desktop is malfunctioning>

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015
  11. bobcat12 Win User
    It doesn't take me anywhere and when I restart PC the second time by pressing Power button it finally starts on the second trial.I get no error messages and Window Recovery Utility doesn't appear.

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Nemix Win User
    I had this happen randomly before on Windows 8.1 and my older laptop, turned off Fast Startup and it fixed my problem.

Only that I really wanted Fast Startup on my laptop at the time but my BIOS being pre-Windows 8 did not allow it without having a random boot problem very similar to the one you're describing above.

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  13. bobcat12 Win User

So, how did you resolve the problem?

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Ok, when your system is working hold shift and click restart in the Start Menu.

When in in recovery tool select:

Troubleshoot >
    Advanced Options >
    Startup Repair

If you're still have the issues try some of the other options in the recovery tool (use common sense when picking).

15. bobcat12 Win User
    Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings I noticed this-Power Button Settings- Under whe n I press the power button-Hibernate. What if I change it to SHUT DOWN and maybe the PC will restart correctly?

bobcat12, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Start up problem after installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start problem installing

2. Windows 10 start up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start up problem: I've downloaded and installed Windows 10 from Microsoft website on laptop. When I'm trying to boot my laptop, windows didn't start. Sometimes it goes up to account window but it's impossible to enter password. Windows freeze and start rebooting all the time. Mostly, it didn't...
  3. Windows 10 start up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start up problem: I've downloaded and installed Windows 10 from Microsoft website on laptop. When I'm trying to boot my laptop, windows didn't start. Sometimes it goes up to account window but it's impossible to enter password. Windows freeze and start rebooting all the time. Mostly, it didn't...
  4. Windows 10 start up problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Start Up Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Up Problems: Boot Device Not Found.Please install an operating system on your hard disk.Hard Disk 3F0Can I make a bootup flash drive ?If so how and where can I copy to a flash drive..If someone can help me I would highly appreciate it...And I Think You very much....*** Email address is...
  6. Windows 10 Start Up Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Up Problems: Boot Device Not Found.Please install an operating system on your hard disk.Hard Disk 3F0Can I make a bootup flash drive ?If so how and where can I copy to a flash drive..If someone can help me I would highly appreciate it...And I Think You very much....*** Email address is...
  7. Windows 10 start-up problems

Windows 10 start-up problems: I have a problem when I start my desktop. I only get the DELL logo and no process wheel. I have to cold reboot and with the restart everything is fine. I already had assistance from DELL professionals and my desktop is up to date about software and drivers. Could you...
  8. problems with windows 10 start up

problems with windows 10 start up: I purchased a refurbished dell latitude e6410 laptop in May that has windows 10 on it and found out it wasnt tested to run 10 but only up to windows 8, well ever since receiving it i have been experiencing several problems, but now a new problem has happened my laptop wont...
  9. start up problem windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problem windows 10: when I start up windows 10 a blank word page or publishing opens up first which I have to close https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problem-windows-10/3b28a3ae-42f5-47c4-aa04-3399563db07d
  10. Problems With Start Up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Start Up in Windows 10: I have an issue that occurs when I press the "on" switch for a cold start. The first time, I get the HP logo but no spinning dots. Then if I power down and press on again, I get the HP and spinning dots. Windows 10 starts but much slower than normal. After that, things seem...