Windows 10: Start up screen frozen after installing windows 10

Discus and support Start up screen frozen after installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Can someone please suggest a solution: I've a sony laptop cum tablet (ultra book) with intel core i7 processor. I updated to Windows 10 today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Haider, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Haider Win User

Start up screen frozen after installing windows 10

Hi,

Can someone please suggest a solution:

I've a sony laptop cum tablet (ultra book) with intel core i7 processor. I updated to Windows 10 today (previous version Pro windows 8). The install was successful but after the install my start up screen started flickering. I shut down and restarted the laptop and now the opening screen is frozen at the log in page which says- 'fast access, face recognition'. The camera is also not working to recognize the face. I'm also not able to log in manually. (I used to have face recognition mode with pro windows 8)

The laptop is not shutting down any more and don't accept alt+cont+delete command.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

:)

Haider, Aug 15, 2015

2. Resetting my computer

After installing to Windows 10, my PC is frozen on the Welcome screen. The Start button is not visible, so I have to use the power button to close, but when I restart it comes right back to the still frozen Welcome screen.

I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 using a download on a thumb drive, but just get in a loop that repeatedly leads back to the frozen Welcome Screen with no Start button.

I have no files on this computer that I would mind loosing. Everything is stored on the Cloud, and I don't necessarily need Windows 10. Please tell me what to do.

LindaGoode, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Mela79 Win User
    Blue Screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: Tablet help

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Now my Insignia tablet starts but it stays at the start up screen displaying the date and time. It does not bring up the screen,it's frozen. After awhile the screen turns blue. I don't know what to do! Please help! Thanks

Mela79, Aug 15, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Haider Win User
    Thanks, could be. But what to do at present. I'm just waiting for the battery to be drained so that laptop shuts down. (can't take out battery). I'm hoping freeze may get over, once laptop is restarted.

Haider, Aug 15, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Have the software on it for sure as this is what comes up from that message as reasons for it.Can just remove the battery, think of way to kill this process so able to get into windows and remove it, somehow get into safe mode. Redoing the upgrade is only going to reinstall this service and if knew Windows 10 was activated can try clean install to get rid of it, but also get rid of all other added software.

If this is truly only issue it is because Camera not being recognized to use fastaccess as Sony uses this also
    https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Software-Other-Operating/Remove-FastAccess-from-Login-Screen/td-p/197011

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/pc/SVD1321_series/EN/contents/TP0000068155.html

Thoughts of seeing how to get into Safe mode if this will bypass FastAccess, then you can try to disable it through articles above.
    One way not sure will work, since able to get to the Start screen is in Windows 10 is to use the Shift + Restart combination. When clicking restart same time holding Shift key, some try Shift +F8

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start up screen frozen after installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start screen frozen

2. frozen start up screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frozen start up screen.: since ive downloaded the new windows 11 update ive been having issues with my laptop loading up. i cant access my log in screen for days or hours. i have to let it sit just to get it to respond. is anyone else having these issues since the new update and if so can you help?...
  3. frozen start up screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frozen start up screen.: since ive downloaded the new windows 11 update ive been having issues with my laptop loading up. i cant access my log in screen for days or hours. i have to let it sit just to get it to respond. is anyone else having these issues since the new update and if so can you help?...
  4. Frozen task bar on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen task bar on start up: Video of the situation, so i turn my comp on then once i log in it goes slow then i have to click the task bar as you can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av1f_pvaUGM...
  5. Start element "frozen" on my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start element "frozen" on my screen: I'll attach an Imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/tOsfbHe I tried making a shortcut on my desktop by first pining the app to start, then I tried to drag it. After multiple tries it's frozen on my screen. (As shown in the picture) I'm assuming a restart will fix...
  6. Windows 10 frozen screen on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 frozen screen on start up: For the post few days, whenever I want to start up my Windows 10 pc, the screen freezes and refuses to show the password box. Instead it displays the generic background, and clicking anywhere refuses to bring up the password box. I need to wait around 10 minutes or so for the...
  7. Start screen search has frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen search has frozen: The search function on the Start screen has locked up. Typing a few letters does bring up search results - but I can go no further. Nothing can be selected as mouse clicks have no effect. Also, just recently, the search function is bringing up some odd "promo" for Microsoft...
  8. How to get out of Safe Mode / Frozen Start up Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get out of Safe Mode / Frozen Start up Screen: Hi I have been having problems with my Laptop, its very very very slow, I mean pre dial up speed. I was told to go to safe mode when I did this I ended up with a start up screen that was frozen I have tried restarting the computer, that does nothing. I have entered...
  9. Frozen start menu in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen start menu in windows 10.: Hey folks, Anyone have the problem or fix for a frozen start menu in windows 10, where the alphabetical list of apps and the apps side itself freezes and simply refuses to scroll, and simply locks up. If I do something else on the computer like open a browsing session in...
  10. Start up problem after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up problem after installing Windows 10: After I installed Windows 10, my PC is not starting right. When I press power button on PC the PC starts like this- I see black screen with an image of windows (blue collar) on the black background and than it stays this way. Doesn't perform its function so the desktop can't...