Windows 10: Start up window not working

Discus and support Start up window not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I left click the start up icon I get a message: Critical Error, Start Up Window isn't functioning. Will try to fix when you re-start. The Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdpoole, Aug 23, 2015.

1. mdpoole Win User

Start up window not working

When I left click the start up icon I get a message: Critical Error, Start Up Window isn't functioning. Will try to fix when you re-start. The Error message prevents all other windows from opening. When I click the message, the system re-boots, but the Error continues.
    If I do not left click the icon, everything works properly, and when I right click the icon, everything works too, including the shut down process, the searches, etc.
    Hummm? Suggestions?

:)

mdpoole, Aug 23, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Window 10 start up menu not working Nov. 18

Hello Jane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following methods:

Method 1:

I request you to try booting to Safe Mode and immediately booting back to normal mode.

Follow the steps to enter Safe mode:

• Open the Settings menu and go to
      Update & security > Recovery > Advanced startup. Clicking Advanced startup will restart your PC in recovery mode.

• Click Troubleshoot to see your advanced options.

• In the Troubleshoot menu, click
      Advanced options. Click Startup Settings to change Windows' startup behavior.

• In the Startup Settings menu, click the
      Restart button to restart your PC. Your PC will now restart.

• To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      5 or F5.

Method 2:

If you are running a 3rd-party antivirus software, we recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the antivirus software, as this
    may also provide a workaround for this problem. The easiest way to uninstall an app is to find it in the Start menu’s app list, right-click the app, and select
    Uninstall.

Method 3:

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and press Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 23, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi,

I'm not too sure what you mean. Are you talking about the 'start button' in the bottom-left corner??

WhyMe, Aug 23, 2015
  5. mdpoole Win User
    yes -- start button doesn't work with left click

mdpoole, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start up window not working - Similar Threads - Start window working

2. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. start up menu window button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up menu window button not working: My start up is not appearing on the screen. i have pressed it continuous times and it wont appear. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu-window-button-not-working/c2db60d0-bbd4-4f9d-af7e-a0bca9d4801a
  6. start up icon is not working

start up icon is not working: Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. this above eroor is coming and asking me to sign out now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-icon-is-not-working/24899a21-9214-4e99-bec0-58349405f6fe
  7. Start up menu not working

in Cortana
    Start up menu not working: Recently when I tried to press the windows button on the bottom left corner of my screen, I got a pop up that said "critical error your startup menu is not working. Sign out and we will try to fix this issue". This is making it very hard to navigate all of my stuff and I need...
  8. Customized Start Up Not Working

Customized Start Up Not Working: I have a personalized startup screen with background photo, icons on the task bar, shortcut files on the desktop, etc. Today 2/22/20, it quit loading and when I turn my computer on it looks like I just took it out of the box and plugged it in. How do I get my personal...
  9. camera not working on start up

camera not working on start up: camera recognition not working on the startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-start-up/fe8b7309-2f43-4238-b552-10a9df2fa2c3
  10. windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works: i have tried all recovery methods but my system is not starting. i have tried severally to reinstall windows but at a point it keeps saying windows 10 installation file is corrupted, contact vendor or administrator. please help me because important files in my pc only though...