Windows 10: Start view in Windows 10??

Discus and support Start view in Windows 10?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two questions: When I left-click the WIndows 10 start button, all I see is the bunch of apps I pinned there, plus the little lines at the top left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SBYH, Jul 2, 2016.

1. SBYH Win User

Start view in Windows 10??

Two questions:

• When I left-click the WIndows 10 start button, all I see is the bunch of apps I pinned there, plus the little lines at the top left that switch the view to recent apps. At the bottom I see a power button and more lines that take me to all apps. I'd post a screenshot but apparently you can't take a shot of Start view in Windows 10. In a previous bout of insanity, I took someone's advice and changed the Start view and can't find that option again. Where is the option that takes me back to the view where you see shortcuts to all this stuff including Control Panel?
    • How do I get to a command prompt? I can't make any sense of the results when I enter a command into the Cortana thing.

:)

SBYH, Jul 2, 2016

2. View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10

This was not helpful,

The current build of Win 10 removes features that had been constant for many generations of Windows. Even going to the Settings / Personalization / Start shows that the items were removed and replaced with mostly worthless toggles, Used to be able to set
    number of items to show and let the menu grow automatically.

Please correct so that this can be useful again.

BBBerstler, Jul 2, 2016
  3. dlweakley Win User
    View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10

Love the new windows, but this is a miss. Seems like it would easy enough for them to add this feature back in. Searching isn't the same has having it appear like the other lists. Microsoft....please consider adding this feature.

dlweakley, Jul 2, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Right click Start Button for Command Options, Control Panel, and many other options.

dencal, Jul 2, 2016
  5. SBYH Win User
    Thanks, that partly solves the problem, but how to switch to the other view when you right click on Start button? It was apparently the default until I changed it.

SBYH, Jul 2, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Open Settings.....in "Find a setting" box type start.....this will give you loads of options.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start view in Windows 10?? - Similar Threads - Start view

2. They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...: They are trying it AGAIN! Now just started today 01/29/22024, no options to view news articles without using the ms start app. So tired of this. What options do we have? I don't want to use the ms start app!...
  3. They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    They are trying it AGAIN! Now no options to view news articles without using the ms start...: They are trying it AGAIN! Now just started today 01/29/22024, no options to view news articles without using the ms start app. So tired of this. What options do we have? I don't want to use the ms start app!...
  4. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  5. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  6. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?: I want to be able to see all apps in a list when I FIRST open the start menu ins Windows 11 like I did in WIndows 10. However, I see no instruction for that. Is it possible? IF the community does not know, how so I contact a PERSON in Support; every time I click on "contact...
  8. Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?

Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?: I want to be able to see all apps in a list when I FIRST open the start menu ins Windows 11 like I did in WIndows 10. However, I see no instruction for that. Is it possible? IF the community does not know, how so I contact a PERSON in Support; every time I click on "contact...
  9. When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update: I noticed when I view JPG images all of sudden the explorer close without warning it started after recent windows 10 update. Some time, I can view one or two images some time not. Nothing had changed on computer.To confirm the problem I installed third party image viewer and...
  10. When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update

When view JPG images the explorer closes suddenly, it started after recent windows update: I noticed when I view JPG images all of sudden the explorer close without warning it started after recent windows 10 update. Some time, I can view one or two images some time not. Nothing had changed on computer.To confirm the problem I installed third party image viewer and...