Windows 10: "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

Discus and support "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiscoSlice, Dec 24, 2015.

1. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the basics installed now.

Also, my Windows "Start" key on my keyboard stops working as well. I checked on a keyboard checker and the key itself is fine. I have to log out/back in to get it to work again. Annoying!

Any thoughts?

:)

DiscoSlice, Dec 24, 2015
  2. usan14 Win User

Enter Button

But when enter a new web address in web browser through virtual keyboard then there is no option other than physical enter button to open that web address. There must be a button like "go" in Internet Explorer.

usan14, Dec 24, 2015
  3. how to remove microsoft account from windows 10

If your start button doesn't work and the rest of your computer screen, than I suggest you take it back to the shop for repair, however if its just the start button I would try use the keyboards start button.

9a1764eb-f7ed-487c-aec6-40cc6f276130, Dec 24, 2015
  4. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

bump, anyone? keeps happening. I get one or two clicks on the Start button, then left click quits working *Sad

DiscoSlice, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

"Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

1. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working - Similar Threads - Start virtual button

2. A particular keyboard button stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A particular keyboard button stopped working: Hello Microsoft, please I need your help. I noticed that a particular keyboard button stopped working on my pc and it is the "A" button. Please I need you guidance. I think the button is fine and maybe this is a bug or something causing this. I don't want to have to change...
  3. A particular keyboard button stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A particular keyboard button stopped working: Hello Microsoft, please I need your help. I noticed that a particular keyboard button stopped working on my pc and it is the "A" button. Please I need you guidance. I think the button is fine and maybe this is a bug or something causing this. I don't want to have to change...
  4. A particular keyboard button stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  6. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  7. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work: So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was concerned, I didn't try to do anything and just used the right one. Last night, I was trying to turn the brightness down by using...
  8. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.: Hello, I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen. Used the cmd (with administrator privileges) and entered the following commands. 1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup...
  9. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...
  10. Start button has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button has stopped working: Hey guys wondering if some of you can help me out. The start button on windows 10 has stopped working for me. It came right after I installed a new graphics card though in the days before I had noticed strange stuff like when I searched for an app and clicked on its icon...