Windows 10: starting a clean install pro or home

Discus and support starting a clean install pro or home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my upgrade was home but with having a million issues decided to run a clean install now it asks pro or home? Do i have to use home or can i switch to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ms plzfixit, Feb 21, 2016.

1. starting a clean install pro or home

my upgrade was home but with having a million issues decided to run a clean install now it asks pro or home? Do i have to use home or can i switch to pro with automatic activation from the upgrade?

:)

ms plzfixit, Feb 21, 2016
  2. CharlieWS Win User

Windows 10 clean install

If you have a Windows 10 Home running on your hard disc, then do a clean install using the Windows 10 ISO install disc, the clean install will be Windows 10 Home.

The same with Windows 10 Pro, the install will be Windows 10 Pro.

But if you start out with a blank hard disc, what version will be installed, Home or Pro?

Charles.

CharlieWS, Feb 21, 2016
  3. A clean install of Windows 10 yields Home on a Pro system when using a USB, but not a DVD

Workaround:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

After upgrading, proceed to enter the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro product key.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

starting a clean install pro or home

If you upgraded as Home, that's what you have a digital entitlement for, i.e., that's all that will activate for clean install. No free upgrade from Home to Pro.

Word Man, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

starting a clean install pro or home

1. starting a clean install pro or home - Similar Threads - starting clean install

2. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  3. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  4. Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install: I followed all instructions and performed a successful clean install after adding a SSD drive to PC that was activated with digital PRO license before hardware change. Windows is insisting that I purchase Windows PRO version upgrade again. What did I do wrong?...
  5. Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install: I followed all instructions and performed a successful clean install after adding a SSD drive to PC that was activated with digital PRO license before hardware change. Windows is insisting that I purchase Windows PRO version upgrade again. What did I do wrong?...
  6. Windows Home instead of Pro after clean install

Windows Home instead of Pro after clean install: Hi,I had a couple of issues with my Windows installation and repair didn't work, so I decided to do a clean installation of my Windows Pro, which had a digital license showing in my MS account. I reinstalled from an USB media and I was quite baffled when I figured out it had...
  7. Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs

Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs: Hi, If I get a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then upgrade it to Pro, what happens during a clean install? Will it install to Home with me having to upgrade to Pro again, each time I do a clean install? This will be a batch of machines for a business, with a...
  8. Clean install defaulting to Home

Clean install defaulting to Home: My ssd was corrupt and I couldn't reinstall windows from recovery mode. I used the windows 10 media creation tool to reinstall windows and it's defaulting to Windows 10 home edition. This computer came with 10 pro and had no cd key, so I can't use the methods I found in other...
  9. Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC

Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC: The computer would get a digital license for Pro stored on Microsoft Activation servers and after the first install, subsequent installs of either Home or Pro on that computer would activate without a product key (although the product key for Windows 10 Home is likely...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home

Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home: Does anyone know how I install, not upgrade, W10 Pro on a laptop that has W10 Home? I bought a W10 Pro licence key off eBay and downloaded the W10 ISO file from Microsoft, but when I try to reinstall from the ISO file (on USB) it rejects a clean install. I already tried to...