Windows 10: Starting batch on network share fails

Discus and support Starting batch on network share fails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, using Win 7 I could start a batch using a script (as local admin) from a network share by call \\server\share\batch.bat Using Win 10 the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. hson Win User

Starting batch on network share fails

Hi,
    using Win 7 I could start a batch using a script (as local admin) from a network share by call \\server\share\batch.bat
    Using Win 10 the same command fails with "Fehler beim Netzwerkzugriff" (my system is german, translation could be "error accessing the network").
    What is different on Win 10? There is no problem to access the share as net use x: \\server\share is successful.

thanks in advance

:)

hson, Apr 1, 2016

2. Ad Hoc Networking - Ethernet Sharing Issue

Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition. I just have a question regarding ad hoc networking. I consider myself an intermediate/advanced user, but that's all relative. My issue: I made a batch file that I run to start
    up a pre-set ad hoc network: NETSH WLAN START HOSTEDNETWORK. I've set up this network is so that I can share the internet connection from my ethernet port over wifi. Often though, when I start the hosted network, the network appears, but connected devices
    cannot access the internet, and the internet connection is only restored if I disable sharing the ethernet port and re-enable sharing.

Can I stop this from happening? If not, is there a way I can automate this using command line, so I can add this to the beginning of the batch file.

Shieldsy05, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Credentials

Type Homegroup in Start search, leave Homegroup on all PC's, restart each. Then try adding each back again. Make sure Advanced Sharing Options are set for File and Printer discovery and Sharing, remove password.

If this fails type Homegroup in Start Search, open Homegroup, Start the Troubleshooter.

More
    Help with disabling Network Credentials. - Networking

Let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 1, 2016
  4. hson Win User

my problem was due to UNC hardening. the share name was netlogon

hson, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Starting batch on network share fails - Similar Threads - Starting batch network

2. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  3. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  4. Network Adaptor fails to start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adaptor fails to start...: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2OS build 19044.1586Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0Sometimes this problem occurs with me.It gets fixed with a restart, but I want a permanant solution for it.I have done clean installing Windows but the problem still...
  5. Network Adaptor fails to start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adaptor fails to start...: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2OS build 19044.1586Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0Sometimes this problem occurs with me.It gets fixed with a restart, but I want a permanant solution for it.I have done clean installing Windows but the problem still...
  6. Network Adaptor fails to start...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Batch mkdir failing

Batch mkdir failing: I have a batch file that creates a bunch of folders the problem is, it sometime gets confused.Ex. I make folders 123~1 123~2 and 123~3 but in only creates 123~2 and 123~3 so I try to create a new folder and rename it 123~1 but it tells me 123~3 already exist that is not a...
  8. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  9. mozbackup failing in batch file

in Browsers and Email
    mozbackup failing in batch file: I know that the author is no longer supporting mozbackup. But I'm experiencing a problem that I thought perhaps someone has found a fix for. I run mozbackup from a batch file with a single line of code: MozBackup.exe default.mozprofile default.mozprofile contains...
  10. Batch File in start up

Batch File in start up: I have created a batch file for cleaning up all temporary and unnecessary file which can be run any time. I want to add this file with the startup of windows 10, so that when ever I start the windows, the file will automatically run and clean up my PC. In windows 7, you can...