Windows 10: Starting computer for first time

Discus and support Starting computer for first time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scottizzystone, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Starting computer for first time

Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer. Asked me if it was for personal or work, i chose work and gave it my work email address and it found the go daddy page to which my server is connected to. Now it comes to a login page and i can't log in? Beautiful ocean scene, but no matter what i try it says "We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later" I can select the wifi button and it says i am connected.

:)

scottizzystone, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Aug 15, 2018
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Starting computer for first time

slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Starting computer for first time

1. Starting computer for first time - Similar Threads - Starting computer

2. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  3. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  4. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

6. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

8. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

10. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. We cant connect right now. Please check your network and try again win10

2. start computer for 1st time

3. starting a comperter first time