Windows 10: Starts multiple instances of Outlook and does not show icon active in taskbar.

Discus and support Starts multiple instances of Outlook and does not show icon active in taskbar. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My new (6 weeks old) Surface Notebook (Win 10) started to do this: 1- I have Outlook running with a couple of emails opened. 2- I start Chrome (full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilippeJeanjean, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Starts multiple instances of Outlook and does not show icon active in taskbar.

My new (6 weeks old) Surface Notebook (Win 10) started to do this:

1- I have Outlook running with a couple of emails opened.

2- I start Chrome (full screen) - Chrome comes to the forefront but the Outlook icon in the taskbar is not underlined to show that it is running in the background.

3- I click on the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring Outlook forward but instead, it starts a new instance. So, I have now 2 instances of Outlook running. I have done it 4 times and I have now 4 instances of Outlook running.

Anyone else seeing that?

:)

PhilippeJeanjean, Aug 21, 2018

2. Feature suggestions - Confirm on exit, Allow/not allow multiple instances

I run multiple instances of gpuZ often(open 1st instance, then once opened, go to taskbar icon, rightclick and open infinite other instances by clicking gpuZ). I personally wouldnt want a confirm on exit dialogue box, but i cant see it being an issue if there was an option

jboydgolfer, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Starts multiple instances of Outlook and does not show icon active in taskbar.

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Starts multiple instances of Outlook and does not show icon active in taskbar.

1. Starts multiple instances of Outlook and does not show icon active in taskbar. - Similar Threads - Starts multiple instances

2. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  3. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  4. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  6. Multiple Instances

Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Showing Tile Selector When Multiple Instances Are Running not...

Windows 11 Taskbar Not Showing Tile Selector When Multiple Instances Are Running not...: Problem: Normally when multiple windows of the same application are running, and the icon in the taskbar is clicked, you are presented with tiles that allow you to select which running instance you want brought to the foreground/forefront. This functionality broke after...
  8. Multiple instances of Word on re-start

Multiple instances of Word on re-start: For the last few days when I START or RESTART in WIndows 10, multiple instances of WORD, several instances of EXCEL, and one instance of POWERPOINT start, and maybe OUTLOOK start unrequested, despite all individual apps being shut down before shutting down the laptop. It is...
  9. selected icon does not show on taskbar

selected icon does not show on taskbar: I followed instructions for making an icon show on the taskbar. The icon is to Safe Eject Devices. But even after a restart, that selected icon does not show on taskbar. Going nuts here.... can anyone help?...
  10. Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance: The following screenshot is from a Win 7 machine. I had multiple tabs open in ie11 and had one crash. When it restarted itself, the taskbar only has one instance of the ie11 showing, but all tabs are still intact. Is there a way to do this in Win 10 on purpose? It would make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop multiple instance of outlook