Windows 10: startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

Discus and support startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Idontunderstand, Jul 9, 2018.

1. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup and shutdown sounds available in windows 10.

:)

Idontunderstand, Jul 9, 2018
  2. jaustin Win User

No Startup or Shutdown Sound

Correct.

If you go to the Windows Folder > Media you will find Windows Shutdown & Windows Startup sound (.wav) file in my final 10240 build. The shutdown sound when played is pretty normal. The startup one is just a single percussion like pop like the wood rods in music class.

However, if you go to registry editor HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels you will find the sounds.
    What is strange is you will find a "System Exit" entry but no one labeled that would be a startup sound for Windows. Some sounds have an additional registry "ExcludeFromCPL" (control panel list) such as Windows Logoff, Logon and SytemExit. I modified the values from 1 to 0 so they would not be excluded from the CPL. They show up but no sound. I did not delete those entries but just changed the values.

I have wondered why no startup sound is in this registry position and would there be a startup sound if one was added.

I still would like to hear an expert opine on the overall situation - how to get Startup and Shutdown sounds working or if they can't be made to do so.

jaustin, Jul 9, 2018
  3. deadred84 Win User
    Windows Startup Sound

Step 1. make sure your Windows Startup Sound box is checked in Sounds [right click volume icon/select sounds]

Step 2. find a .wav (or convert any audio file to a .wav) to use as your start up sound

Step 3. rename the .wav you choose to use to "Windows Startup" [without the quotes of course startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10? ;) ]

Step 4. replace the Windows Startup.wav in C:\Windows\Media with your newely chosen/renamed Windows Startup.wav and enjoy startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10? ;)

deadred84, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Rivergoat Win User

startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

1. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - startup shutdown wav

2. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds: Hello,I am vatshal gautamI like the windows XP sound and I downloaded it. I want to make it my windows startup sound and the windows-XP-shutdown-sound.wav as my shutdown sound. How to do it without any software...
  3. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds: Hello,I am vatshal gautamI like the windows XP sound and I downloaded it. I want to make it my windows startup sound and the windows-XP-shutdown-sound.wav as my shutdown sound. How to do it without any software...
  4. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Looking for Windows Phone sounds converted to .wav

Looking for Windows Phone sounds converted to .wav: Hi. I want some Windows Phone sounds that are converted to .wav. I want to use Windows Phone sounds on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-windows-phone-sounds-converted-to-wav/3e78efe3-e288-4708-8954-e00e51eb9101
  6. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  7. Windows 10 Shutdown sound.

Windows 10 Shutdown sound.: Has anyone found a solution to the shutdown sound for windows 10? Tried all the various methods, registry hacks, Task scheduler. Can get the sound to play in the sounds but not on shutdown tried looking for a third-party app with a shutdown and sound effect but nothing....
  8. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds: Hello. I have Windows 10. I want to change the Windows's default startup and shutdown sounds, with the old ones from Windows 95I am nostalgic, I liked them a lot. I tried to use the method to change some registry entries, replace them in Control Panelwith the .wav extension...
  9. Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File

Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File: I have been trying to change Windows 10 startup sound to a Wav file I have. I have gone into "sounds" and selected "Sound Scheme" Windows default. Then under "Program Events" selected "System notification". Then under "Sounds" selected "Wiondows Startup". Also tried "Windows...
  10. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shutdown sound hack

2. edit registry to make windows 10 play startup wav

3. activate the windows 10 shutdown sound