Windows 10: Startup boot to black screen

Discus and support Startup boot to black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisGroen, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Startup boot to black screen

ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I run the error in command prompt it says the bootrec dll is corrupt or the location cannot be found now with that in mind ive ran the fix boot command and the other bootrec commands but fixboot give an access denied error ive also formatted the efi partition on the hardrive that contains the boot files but get the same startup error ive uninstalled and formatted my hard rive and reinstalled windows several times but the next day the computer fails to boot again

:)

ChrisGroen, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Black Screen on startup

Hi Sergio,

There is a possibility that the black screen could have been caused by a corrupted file or the concerned could be during the boot process. To isolate the possible cause, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Once you are on Start Menu, select Enable Safe Mode. If you can boot through
      Safe mode, we can verify that your computer can still boot up.
    • From Safe Mode, you need to performed a Clean boot. This is to isolate other drivers or startup programs that could cause the black screen. To do
      Clean boot, please refer to this link.
    • After performing Clean boot and your computer can boot normally, you would need to go to
      Event Viewer. Just search Event Viewer in your
      Search box
      and select Windows Logs. You would need to check each tab and verify which could have caused the black screen, from there please provide us a screenshot. Base on the screenshot that you will send, we will know what is the
      next step or resolution to provide.

We look forward to your response.

Jarius Tol, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Startup boot to black screen

Black screen on boot windows 10

Try this one.

Startup Repair can be included on your computer. You can run Startup Repair to perform a scan and fix potential issues.

Startup Repair doesn’t restore a computer to its factory settings, but it can potentially fix errors that prevent you from booting into the system.

The steps to access Startup Repair are:

• Start the computer
    • Press the key before the Windows 10 logo appears ( in your case black screen )
    • At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer
    • Press
    • At the System Recovery Options window, choose Startup Repair
    • Follow the instructions to start the repair process

Benyamin Aser, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup boot to black screen

1. Startup boot to black screen - Similar Threads - Startup boot black

2. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  3. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  4. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  6. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  7. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  8. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  9. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  10. Boot loop and black startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and black startup screen: Hello I am trying to reinstall win. 10 on my lenovo thinkpad e540. I first tried with creation tool on a 8 gb usb pin that didn't work. Everytime I reached 60% an error message popped up saying it couldn't recognize something. I then made a recovery key on my usb pin...