Windows 10: Startup browser with windows placed and sized

Discus and support Startup browser with windows placed and sized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can you start a browser with windows size and placement specified? Like one window at 200,200 with size 500,200 and the following startup page: XXX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by torbena1967, May 15, 2018.

1. Startup browser with windows placed and sized

torbena1967, May 15, 2018

2. Sizing & Placing windows..

Dear MS Community,

I am running a first, fresh install of Windows 10.

Problem

Since forever in Windows it has been possible to set the launch size and position of an application window. In my case, I prefer that all applications are set so as to open always filling half of the screen, and always on one particular side of the screen,
    eg File Explorer always to left-half, Internet Explorer always to right-half. This was always possible to achieve by having two active application windows, selecting the one to be shown on the left-side, and then clicking on 'Show windows side by side' from
    the taskbar.

Now, in Windows 10, clicking on 'Show windows side by side' results in both windows being tiled as one-quarter windows on the left-side. It is possible of course to arrange a two-window, left-right arrangement using the new 'Snap' feature. However, this
    sizing and positioning is not remembered on re-launching the application window.

This means that now every time I open an application the window must be click+hold dragged to one side or other of the screen. Yet, even after having had to fiddle about in this way, on re-sizing of the window (Maximise>Restore Down),
    the window does not return to a half-screen, but instead returns to whatever size and position it had pre-Snap.

Therefore, it appears that the only way to achieve what has otherwise been a standard, fundamental feature of using windows since there has been Windows, is:

• very, very carefully, avoiding snagging the Snap function, to manually drag the window to the desired size and position
    • Maximise and Restore Down, so as to set size and position in the 'memory' of the window
    • Notice that it is almost impossible to get all windows to have exactly the same size, position, etc.
    • Hope that this apparent madness must have a simple solution.

Question

So, how do I now achieve that pre-setting of the size and position of application windows?

Thank you for your help Startup browser with windows placed and sized :)

Antwortsnot67, May 15, 2018
  3. sizing the Windows 8 browser window to a suitable size for me.

When using Internet Explorer I would restore the browser window and drag it to a size that suited me, if I then left it open when I shut down Windows it would say at this "restored size" whenever I click restore on the browser window.

This doesn't seem to work when I'm using the Windows edge browser, anyone know how I can get it to stay at a suitable size for me when I restore the edge browser window?

Gary Gary Gary, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Startup browser with windows placed and sized

1. Startup browser with windows placed and sized - Similar Threads - Startup browser placed

2. Browser window font sizes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser window font sizes Windows 11: As I open various windows the font sizes are frequently changing. I'm having to use Control +,- almost constantly. Also, dialog box font sizes are extremely small, and hitting the aaA doesn't even help much. Is there something that can be done to fix both font issues? Thank...
  3. Browser window font sizes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser window font sizes Windows 11: As I open various windows the font sizes are frequently changing. I'm having to use Control +,- almost constantly. Also, dialog box font sizes are extremely small, and hitting the aaA doesn't even help much. Is there something that can be done to fix both font issues? Thank...
  4. Browsers Crashing Upon Startup

Browsers Crashing Upon Startup: Hi there, I got a really weird issue and wondering if anyone has a solution. If you'd be willing to help, that'd be greatly appreciated.So, I got a bit of a weird issue. I'm currently running Windows 11 on my 14" LG Gram, but the problem started when I was running Windows 10....
  5. Browser starts at the startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser starts at the startup: I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the...
  6. All Browsers Close on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Browsers Close on startup: Whenever I open any browser ANY browser, it closes. I tried Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera GX, They just wont open. I don't get any crash log although when I check the task manager it does show the crash handler is running. It also seems like every time I try to open a browser...
  7. Font size for code in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size for code in browsers: Hello, I have had a strange issue concerning font size rendered for a very specific use case: for certain websites, the font size of code is rendered to an extremely small font size. This issue does not affect all websites- stackoverflow.com for example is not affected by...
  8. Edge browser display sizing

Edge browser display sizing: My edge browse display has suddenly shrunk to where a page is only about 1 inch wide on the screen. How do I repair this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-display-sizing/5e93e49d-01fb-40db-83d1-8a4dc29535d7
  9. What is the place on windows startup lock screen

What is the place on windows startup lock screen: Does anybody know what is the place on windows startup lock screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-place-on-windows-startup-lock-screen/244ac870-e3dc-4eb6-8515-729d963c5b37
  10. Placing program into startup menu?

Placing program into startup menu?: I'd like to place my Logitech Setpoint.exe into the startup menu. How? 63519