Windows 10: Startup Folder Location

Discus and support Startup Folder Location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Exactly where is the Startup Folder for Windows 10 located? Thank you. 4073 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Startup Folder Location

Exactly where is the Startup Folder for Windows 10 located?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 7, 2015

2. In Windows 10 is it possible to open a word file automatically on startup?

Hi Scott8465,

Please follow the steps below to put the document to the windows startup folder:

• Right click the start menu>Run, then insert “shell:startup”
    • A folder will show up.
    • In the folder address, copy paste location below:
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

• The folder of the location you pasted will show up.
    • Copy and paste the document to the folder
    • Restart your computer to see the result.

This is the startup folder for your computer.

Thanks,

Rena

Rena Yu MSFT, Feb 7, 2015
  3. startup error

Hi,

It may be that Cmd.exe is located in the user's Startup folder. If you find it in there it is safe to delete it.

Try these locations.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

C:\Users\usernamexxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Anannya Podder, Feb 7, 2015
  4. Startup Folder Location

The same location like in the previous Windows:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\|*.*
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\|*.*

TairikuOkami, Feb 7, 2015
  5. Yup, that about explains it.

But if you have a working Start Menu, open up 'Programs' and somewhere down the list of programs you'll find the Startup folder. Well, that's where I find mine anyway.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Feb 7, 2015
  6. davehc Win User
    ? I use the path suggested by TairikuOkami and make a shortcut to wherever I need for opening the file explorer. But, "Programs" in the start menu.? I don't seem to have such an entry.

davehc, Feb 7, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 7, 2015
  8. JJG10 Win User

Startup Folder Location

Thank you. Now I have a clearer picture of what it is all about.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup Folder Location

1. Startup Folder Location - Similar Threads - Startup Folder Location

2. Folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location: Am I able to move folders within a drive that was made up to another drive?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location/ef5093ad-3bd8-48f3-8d66-2a95742f370d
  3. Folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location: Am I able to move folders within a drive that was made up to another drive?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location/ef5093ad-3bd8-48f3-8d66-2a95742f370d
  4. Folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder location: Hi, I wanted to change the locations of the folders Download, Picture and Videos to drive D:/ Unfortunately this is what happen when I apply those changes. Cant change the name of the folder as you can see below and change to default and still the same. [ATTACH]...
  5. startup avatar image location

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    startup avatar image location: Are emptied all well-known default user profile picture folders win10 pro, file explorer search on all files where hidden files are shown does not show any user-192.png items. Nevertheless avatar appears on startup screen. Wondering where is the corresponding image is...
  6. Startup locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup locations: Hello: In addition to folders • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and • C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup where do applications start at startup? Thanks, 127501
  7. Startup locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup locations: Hello: In addition to folders • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and • C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup where do applications start at startup? Thanks, 127501
  8. Startup folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup folder: Hello. As you can see in the picture, I have some programs enabled and disabled to automatically start when Windows boots up. Everything works perfectly fine, however I find it really strange that both Startup folders are completely empty. I would like to delete disabled...
  9. Startup folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup folder: I cannot find the startup folder on windows.. i have tried typing shell:startup but it says that windows could not find it... 80525
  10. Startup Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Folder: With Windows 8.1 under All Programs there is a folder called Startup. If I want to start a program when I boot up, I drop and drag a shortcut to that folder. If I want to stop the program from starting I remove the shortcut from this folder. If I want to edit the file I...