Windows 10: Startup Issue

Discus and support Startup Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strange one this.......while sorting out another problem on my sisters laptop, I turned it off and then on again a few times......each time it came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Del 80, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Del 80 Win User

Startup Issue

Strange one this.......while sorting out another problem on my sisters laptop, I turned it off and then on again a few times......each time it came up with TWO options......1. Start W10 normally, or 2.Start Avast uninstall.......or words to that effect.......never seen that before......what's going on ?........Del.

P.s. I did run the Avast uninstaller a couple of weeks ago, but then uninstalled it.

:)

Del 80, Oct 10, 2017

2. startup issue

Why when i startup my windowd10 showing maintenance folder

Pls fix my problem

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

shafeekkasim, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    startup issue

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to corrupted Windows startup files. We suggest that you run startup repair, kindly check the methods below:

Method 1: Run Startup Repair using installation media.

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD, or USB flash drive and restart your computer.
    • A screen will prompt you to Press any key to boot from DVD, kindly do so.
    • An Install Windows screen will come up. Click Repair your computer to start the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    Note: If you don't have an installation media, try the second method.

Method 2: Run Startup repair from a Hard Reboot.

• Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off.
    • Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see the Windows logo screen or
      Please wait during boot, you may have to use the
      power button to restart your computer three times.
    • Click See advanced repair options.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
    • Click Startup Repair. If prompted, select the OS you want to perform a startup repair on.
    • Start Repair will now start "Diagnosing your PC", and attempt to automatically repair it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Startup Issue

Hi Del 80.

There is code built into Windows 10 that if there are two unsuccessful boots Windows will offer you advance startup options. I wonder if Avast has injected code into that routine hence the message. Assuming this did happen then the un-installer did not remove it.

There is a procedure called the inplace repair / upgrade. Not sure if it would remove this code.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Maybe others, especially members using Avast, will understand exactly what has happened and a reversal process.

Before trying diagnostic procedures I always recommend that you create a backup of your data off machine, create an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect and have bootable media that matches your current Windows environment.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 10, 2017
  5. Sometimes it's not possible to uninstall Avast the standard way - using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can use our uninstallation utility avastclear.

• Download avastclear.exe on your desktop
    • Start Windows in Safe Mode
    • Open (execute) the uninstall utility
    • If you installed Avast in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
    • Click REMOVE
    • Restart your computer

FreeBooter, Oct 10, 2017
  6. Del 80 Win User
    O.k Thanks for that......I think that the Avast uninstaller has done it's job, the object was to remove Avast completely so that Windows Defender would work, which it now does.......but.....the Avast uninstaller itself has not uninstalled, as on start up it is giving the option of starting in Safe Mode.....if left for a few seconds W10 starts normally......most interesting.........

Del 80, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup Issue

1. Startup Issue - Similar Threads - Startup Issue

2. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  3. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  4. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  6. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  7. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  8. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  9. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...
  10. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...