Windows 10: Startup issues

Discus and support Startup issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, ALL windows are opened maximized with NO available options to resize (only minimize), although ALL windows are set to run in Normal mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mQ573, Apr 17, 2017.

1. mQ573 Win User

Startup issues

Hi there,

ALL windows are opened maximized with NO available options to resize (only minimize), although ALL windows are set to run in Normal mode.

Even if Classic Shell is installed, the desktop shows these bloody tiles. All my previous desktop icons don't show up and right clicking on the desktop doesn't bring any context menu. Mind you, the desktop icons are still present in the %USERPROFILE%\Desktop folder, and the classic menu shows up when clicking on the Shell(Start).

Programs in [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] AND in the user's Startup menu aren't executed. But the ones in [HKLM\...\Wow6432Node\...\Run] and in [HKCU\....\Run] are.

All that happened upon restarting a laptop running W10 1511 10586.494.

Starting in Safe Mode doesn't help at all.

Thank you for your suggestions.

:)

mQ573, Apr 17, 2017

2. startup issue

Why when i startup my windowd10 showing maintenance folder

Pls fix my problem

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

shafeekkasim, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    startup issue

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to corrupted Windows startup files. We suggest that you run startup repair, kindly check the methods below:

Method 1: Run Startup Repair using installation media.

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD, or USB flash drive and restart your computer.
    • A screen will prompt you to Press any key to boot from DVD, kindly do so.
    • An Install Windows screen will come up. Click Repair your computer to start the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    Note: If you don't have an installation media, try the second method.

Method 2: Run Startup repair from a Hard Reboot.

• Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off.
    • Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see the Windows logo screen or
      Please wait during boot, you may have to use the
      power button to restart your computer three times.
    • Click See advanced repair options.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
    • Click Startup Repair. If prompted, select the OS you want to perform a startup repair on.
    • Start Repair will now start "Diagnosing your PC", and attempt to automatically repair it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Startup issues

Brink, Apr 17, 2017
  5. mQ573 Win User
    Many thanks, Mister: Fast answer, and even rarer, GOOD answer.

As a sideline, could TeamViewer 12 have set the rig in Tablet mode?

Thanks again.

*** SOLVED ***

mQ573, Apr 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

I wouldn't think TeamViewer would have turned it on, but it could be pretty easy to turn on by mistake in the action center.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup issues

1. Startup issues - Similar Threads - Startup issues

2. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  3. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  4. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  6. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  7. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  8. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  9. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...
  10. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...