Windows 10: Startup Issues

Discus and support Startup Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having problems starting up windows. I have a SSD in my laptop and I'm not sure if it is failing, or if my windows files are corrupt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tdk, Jan 14, 2016.

1. TDK
    tdk Win User

Startup Issues

I have been having problems starting up windows. I have a SSD in my laptop and I'm not sure if it is failing, or if my windows files are corrupt.
    1.Windows will sometimes start, allow me to log in, but then freeze as soon as I get to the desktop.
    2.Windows will start up to the login window and then freeze.
    3.Computer will start, have a blank screen, but still have mouse that i can move.
    4.Computer will start with error "hard disk (3f0)
    Laptop does all four of these in varying order, but most often it would do 2.

I have not been able to get it started into safe mode yet. (freezes up before getting there)

I do have a bootable flash drive with Ubuntu on it, but when it boot, it doesn't recognize the hard drive.

And I was running into a dead end, and wondering if anyone has any suggestions??
    Thanks.

:)

2. startup issue

Why when i startup my windowd10 showing maintenance folder

Pls fix my problem

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

shafeekkasim, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    startup issue

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to corrupted Windows startup files. We suggest that you run startup repair, kindly check the methods below:

Method 1: Run Startup Repair using installation media.

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD, or USB flash drive and restart your computer.
    • A screen will prompt you to Press any key to boot from DVD, kindly do so.
    • An Install Windows screen will come up. Click Repair your computer to start the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    Note: If you don't have an installation media, try the second method.

Method 2: Run Startup repair from a Hard Reboot.

• Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off.
    • Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see the Windows logo screen or
      Please wait during boot, you may have to use the
      power button to restart your computer three times.
    • Click See advanced repair options.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
    • Click Startup Repair. If prompted, select the OS you want to perform a startup repair on.
    • Start Repair will now start "Diagnosing your PC", and attempt to automatically repair it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Startup Issues

Hi tdk, welcome to tenforums.
    It would be good to isolate the issues.
    What sort of SSD is it - mSata or SATA (2.5")?

Do you have a spare SATA HDD you can put in the laptop to replace the SSD?
    If you can establish a working situation with your laptop that way, then the problem lies with your SSD drive or content.

If the SSD is a 2.5" form factor then potentially you could connect it as an external drive and see if you can access it.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    Hey tdk-

There is software that might be of some help.

I use a free program called SSDLife Free, which will show you the general health of your drive. They do offer a paid version, which shows more information.

Here's a screen shot of the free version (mine)

Startup Issues [​IMG]

6. simrick Win User
    Hard Disk Sentinel is free today on Bits du Jour
    Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100%
    Of course, if you can't get into the OS, you can't install it. But you could put it on another machine, then plug the SSD in with a USB adapter, and see if you can read it, and what shape it's in.

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Hey simrick- Thanks for the link for this! I just installed it and I'm excited to play with it.

I'm posting this in here to just give a 'heads up' on the program for anybody getting it. During the install, I noted on the user agreement that it said the program was free, however it talked about how if the program is updated, then it defaults to back the trial version. I sort of blew through the install, but had I been thinking, I would grabbed an image or something for better specifics.

8. simrick Win User

Startup Issues

You're welcome and you're right and I grabbed it when installing:
    This version of Hard Disk Sentinel 4.60 is offered by

BitsDuJour.com

The current version can be used for unlimited time, but can't be updated
    to newer versions. If updated, the software switches back to "unregistered".
    To get a complete, lifetime license for Hard Disk Sentinel PRO, which offers
    advanced functions, support and lifetime free updates to all future versions,
    order before 18 January 2016 with 50% discount at:...

It's a great program. I got it last year when it was up for free, but at that time it was not able to reinstall at any time, so I lost it when I migrated to a new build. This one, however, can be reinstalled at any time. *Smile

EDIT: I set it up for a 4 minute delay start, and to send me an email upon reaching certain thresholds.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup Issues

1. Startup Issues - Similar Threads - Startup Issues

2. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  3. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  4. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  6. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  7. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  8. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  9. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...
  10. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...