Windows 10: Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ? And Having A Folder Appear

Discus and support Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ? And Having A Folder Appear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Chipping away with getting W10 going with all of your help. Couldn't do it otherwise. So, again, much thanks-very appreciated. a. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ? And Having A Folder Appear

Hello,

Chipping away with getting W10 going with all of your help.
    Couldn't do it otherwise.
    So, again, much thanks-very appreciated.

a. How do I add an item to the Startup list, such that it automatically will start
    when the PC starts ?

I would like my eMail (Mozilla Thunderbird) to appear at turn-on.

I found the list in the Task manager for starting items, but do not see any way of adding to it.
    Don't see any Folder labeled Startup
    How do I add additional items ?

b. And, if I copy a Folder (via a USB Memory Stick transfer) with a lot of WORD documents in it from old PC to the new one, how can I have this Folder appear, Always, on the new PC's Desktop, like it was under W7 on the old PC ?

Much thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Nov 20, 2015

2. [Solved]MS keyboard and mouse center customization not working

Thank you for the reply.

But I noticed that the itype.exe an ipoint.exe stay in background after starting the center. I think adding them to startup items solves the problem.

May be the center forget to register its startup items?

benny10033, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Can't unpin a folder in Quick acess

Hi Matt3009,

>> I keep finding that Win10 has pinned random folders to Quick Access, and when I try to unpin them, nothing happens.

Windows doesn't "Pin" items to Quick access automatically. May be you're referring to Recent items that's automatically added, and appear below
    Pinned items.

Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ?  And  Having A Folder Appear [​IMG]

The highlighted items in this screenshot are Recent folders, which are dyamically added by Windows. You can try clearing the Recent folders via File > Options > Clear.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 20, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Place a link to Mozilla Thunderbird executable in

C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

Then when you boot it will launch Thunderbird.

Ztruker, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Robert11 Win User
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for help.

Can't seem to find any "AppData" under C:\Users\and my account\
    Is it a hidden file, or,...?

Also, a more general question: if I want to type in: C:\------- where is the best place, or way, to do it ?

Thanks again,
    Bob

Robert11, Nov 20, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Yes. You could tick this box to see it

There are 100 different ways. I find the easiest to press *Start and R to open the Run box and then paste in the path.

So for this example copy and paste the contents of the box below - the system will automatically substitute %appdata% for C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming so copy it exactly as it is then click OK Code: %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup[/quote]

If you go to the same places often it will remember them so you can *Start and R and press the down arrow to see the last few places and not have to type them at all.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Startup Items Question; Adding to Them ? And Having A Folder Appear - Similar Threads - Startup Items Question

2. Unknown startup items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown startup items: Please help me removing these unknown startup items , I am confused about them . I think they are some type of malware or something else. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unknown-startup-items/7ef1ebce-26b7-4249-9705-03f9342f3e53
  3. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  4. There are no startup items to display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There are no startup items to display: My startup in my task manager had been emptied for some reason. I have seen this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/task-manager-startup-there-are-no-startup-items-to/f1933c63-cf8c-4f2e-ab8f-1c7b234c44b4 But I got no Programs folder. I...
  5. There are no startup item to display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There are no startup item to display: [ATTACH] Hey guys, I need help with startup item not showing It was started when i'm trying to cleanup start app folder, and now this happened, i just noticed it a while ago...
  6. In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them

in Windows 10 Customization
    In startup menu there are items to delete, want to delete them: Delete items in startup menu bar Example minted is there,,,,,,,,why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-startup-menu-there-are-items-to-delete-want-to/a49139c7-fb58-44b7-b5a3-095be6849dae
  7. folders with invisiable items in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders with invisiable items in them: I have some folders that contain music files but the file names are not showing up in file explorer. The hidden attribute does not appear to be set on any of the files. If you look in the folder in file explorer it shows no files - folder empty but if you delete the...
  8. strange items in startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange items in startup: Hello I have many instances of these items in my startup ( MSconfig) Steeg Tangentially Serenade Program ??? what are they ? and are they harmful and how can i remove them ? Thanks 114643
  9. Which startup items?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which startup items?: I am wondering which of the startup items I can disable, other than the ones I already have disabled. For example, I use Photoshop every day repeatedly, and I don't know if I have to have Adobe CC in the startup menu. Please tell me which items on the list I should probably...
  10. New Item in Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    New Item in Startup: Hi All So, just checking what's running at startup using Glary Utilities and noticed this: Uninstall C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.6201.1019_2\amd64 Ok, this was not their last time I checked, does anyone have any idea what this is about? Can it...