Windows 10: Startup loop

Discus and support Startup loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im having a horrible problem on my toshiha laptop when its booting up it just shows the toshiha logo then the black screen with the white underscore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skeleton11223, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Startup loop

Im having a horrible problem on my toshiha laptop when its booting up it just shows the toshiha logo then the black screen with the white underscore after that it repeats endlessly Ive tried to force turn off my computer many times but I cannot get the troubleshoot options screen is this fixable or do I need to buy a new pc?

:)

Skeleton11223, Aug 10, 2016

2. Startup loop

I have a HP Pavilion g7 laptop does anyone know where to get a free recovery dics?

JuanAlicea1255, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Startup loop

Hi Alicea,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Actually, recovery drive cannot be found any where. However, you should create recovery drive.

Your PC might have come with a recovery image that’s used to refresh or reset your PC. The recovery image is stored on a dedicated recovery partition on your PC.

If you are unable to boot into the desktop follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Let’s try to repair the operating system files and check if it resolves the issue.

Let’s run Automatic repair from Advance options using a Windows 10 installation media.

Download Windows 10

Follow the steps:

a) Contact the computer manufacturer (or refer to the manual provided by Lenovo) to know on how to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 10 installation
    disk.

b) When you insert the Windows 10 installation DVD, “Windows Setup” dialog box will appear. Set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.

c) Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.

d) From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.

e) Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.

f) In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Automatic Repair”.

g) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Automatic Repair.

Hope this helps. For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Startup loop

Nopes u dont have to .. If you have a bootable media of windows 10 or any other old OS will also work. Boot from it and choose repair your computer to access troubleshoot Option.
    In case you dont have any and have any other computer create one using this tool.
    Windows 10

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Have you anything else plugged in which may be confusing the boot process? I once had a USB flash drive plugged having an active partition which caused problems.

You could try resetting the BIOS to default values and forcing a hard reset by removing the battery for at least 1 minute.

Otherwise, run the repair process as mentioned above. If you have access to another PC you could also try installing Macrium Reflect Free, create a Macrium Reflect repair drive.Then boot from that drive and try the Reflect repair option - see http://www.macrium.com/help/v5/Rescu...t_Problems.htm

Steve C, Aug 11, 2016
  6. I created a bootable usb but it didnt change anything when I plugged it in. I think the cause of this loop is because I had a third party theme and I updated to the anniversary update when the theme was unsupported.

Skeleton11223, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Did you change the boot order in the BIOS to actually boot from the USB repair disk and try the repair?

Steve C, Aug 13, 2016
  8. Startup loop

I restored my pc to factory settings it works fine now and is now using windows 7.

Skeleton11223, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup loop

1. Startup loop - Similar Threads - Startup loop

2. boot loop again, can't access advanced startup because i don't know the administrator password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    boot loop again, can't access advanced startup because i don't know the administrator password: Just a few weeks ago, I had to reset my computer because it was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Now, it is in another boot loop thanks to a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, but this time I can't access advanced startup as I don't know the password to the administrator account. I...
  3. boot loop again, can't access advanced startup because i don't know the administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot loop again, can't access advanced startup because i don't know the administrator password: Just a few weeks ago, I had to reset my computer because it was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Now, it is in another boot loop thanks to a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, but this time I can't access advanced startup as I don't know the password to the administrator account. I...
  4. boot loop again, can't access advanced startup because i don't know the administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is this startup repair thing looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this startup repair thing looping: Hello, So Everytime I shut down my pc and turn it back on later, it says something like "diagnosing PC" or "Startup repair" the thing ive done is reset my pc. This usually works until my PC shuts down by itself, and the issue occurs again. This is getting really frustrating...
  6. Why is this startup repair thing looping

Why is this startup repair thing looping: Hello, So Everytime I shut down my pc and turn it back on later, it says something like "diagnosing PC" or "Startup repair" the thing ive done is reset my pc. This usually works until my PC shuts down by itself, and the issue occurs again. This is getting really frustrating...
  7. IRQL BSOD on Startup. No loop and super small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL BSOD on Startup. No loop and super small: On the morning of January 22nd, 2024 at 8:56 AM I started up my PC and I went to grab a drink before I started work. It seems in that very quick small amount of time I suffered a BSOD crash of IRQL Not LEss or Equal, that I did not even notice. Only reason I checked and found...
  8. IRQL BSOD on Startup. No loop and super small

IRQL BSOD on Startup. No loop and super small: On the morning of January 22nd, 2024 at 8:56 AM I started up my PC and I went to grab a drink before I started work. It seems in that very quick small amount of time I suffered a BSOD crash of IRQL Not LEss or Equal, that I did not even notice. Only reason I checked and found...
  9. IRQL BSOD on Startup. No loop and super small

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I’m in a Startup Repair loops, I can’t get out of it even clicking forgot your password or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m in a Startup Repair loops, I can’t get out of it even clicking forgot your password or...: I’m stuck on this startup repair screen for hours now. Every time I try entering the password it kept saying incorrect, I even try resetting the passwords.When I clicked “Forgot your password or don’t see your account?” I bring me a restart button. When I clicked the restart...