Windows 10: Startup not normal

Discus and support Startup not normal in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Just installed new version of Win 10 Pro. Often -but not always- from a cold restart get a pretty picture and only 3 icons in bottom right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sxlcartron, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Startup not normal

Hi,
    Just installed new version of Win 10 Pro. Often -but not always- from a cold restart get a pretty picture and only 3 icons
    in bottom right of screen : 1) Connect to Internet , 2) Ease of Access and 3) Shutdown.
    Rebooting brings system back to normal.
    Can't seem to find any reference to this problem.
    Anybody help?
    thank you
    jim

:)

sxlcartron, Dec 31, 2016

2. startup not normal, take 15-30 minute to startup the task bar

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We regret for the inconvenience caused and we appreciate your for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, so it might be due to any third party application conflict on the start up of the system.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance or using high memory space, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the
    same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Method 2: Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 31, 2016
  3. KwokSo Win User
    startup not normal, take 15-30 minute to startup the task bar

startup not normal, take 15-30 minute to startup the task bar, then can start to use the computer. I just upgrade to windows 10

from windows 7 about two weeks. please help to solve this problem, thanks.

OP - tommy

KwokSo, Dec 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Startup not normal

Hi, what do you see if you don't see the default lock screen?

What you should see by default is:
    a. From a cold boot you will get the default lock screen, which will be a picture. Clicking on that will reveal your logon screen.
    b. The lock screen subsequently shown after e.g.
    - resuming from sleep
    - switching users
    - Windows key + L (lock)
    is dependent on what is shown in Settings, and by default is I think 'Spotlight'. That's a picture which is updated at intervals with a 'Like what you see' prompt.

It is possible to disable the lock screen entirely one way or another, and to make the lock screen picture the same as the login picture. However some find the Spotlight function fails in various ways without a simple reliable way to restore it.
    For interest: some Tutorials about the lock screen (there are more):
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

and Winaero's tweaker(free) has some relevant options.

dalchina, Dec 31, 2016
  5. Thank you , I'll try your suggestions and let you know if it works.

sxlcartron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup not normal

1. Startup not normal - Similar Threads - Startup normal

2. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  3. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  4. How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?: Hi, in System Configuration, in the General tab, I selected "Diagnostic startup" and rebooted.Now I have this problem: Windows is not asking the PIN, but the password that I don't remember.Is there a way to restart in "normal startup"?Thank you...
  5. How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?

How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?: Hi, in System Configuration, in the General tab, I selected "Diagnostic startup" and rebooted.Now I have this problem: Windows is not asking the PIN, but the password that I don't remember.Is there a way to restart in "normal startup"?Thank you...
  6. Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...: pretty much the title; as soon as Windows 10 boots up, I go straight to Services and can sometimes see Network Setup Service running. before you copy and paste the description, yes I know what NetSetupSvc does, although I find the description of "network configuration and...
  7. Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...

Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...: pretty much the title; as soon as Windows 10 boots up, I go straight to Services and can sometimes see Network Setup Service running. before you copy and paste the description, yes I know what NetSetupSvc does, although I find the description of "network configuration and...
  8. Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Win 11 running low on first startup, but normally after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 running low on first startup, but normally after reboot: Hi dear,Dell 7306 with win 11, performance is running low after startup and laggy.But, being normal after reboot. there are no treatment, just reboot, and it running normally.What should i suppose to do, to make the laptop running normally on first boot?Many thanks before and...
  10. Win 11 running low on first startup, but normally after reboot

Win 11 running low on first startup, but normally after reboot: Hi dear,Dell 7306 with win 11, performance is running low after startup and laggy.But, being normal after reboot. there are no treatment, just reboot, and it running normally.What should i suppose to do, to make the laptop running normally on first boot?Many thanks before and...