Windows 10: startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

Discus and support startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bwh2566, Jul 7, 2018.

1. bwh2566 Win User

startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it manually. Everything was fine for 5 or 10 minutes, then a second copy of Firefox started up. I went to shell:startup, and Firefox was missing. I right-clicked on the task bar and selected Task Manager and then selected the startup tab. It showed maybe 8 or 10 items, but no Firefox. However, every time I boot Windows, I just manually start Firefox (since I don't want to wait) and then , after a 7 minute delay, Firefox will start running again and I have to kill this second copy. Is there something I can do to fix this situation? I want Firefox to automatically start up right after the boot, not 7 minutes later.

:)

bwh2566, Jul 7, 2018

2. Startup Programs not showing.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Which programs are you referring to?

It indicates that there are no programs that are scheduled to start on system Startup. If you want to start a particular program on startup, then a programs or shortcuts placed in the Startup folder will run whenever Windows starts.

• Go to This PC
    • Navigate to C:\Users\User Profile \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    • User profile in the above path will be name of your account you logged into.
    • Copy and paste the shortcut icon or .exe file into the startup folder, which you wanted to start automatically on System Startup.
    Reboot your PC and now check if they show under Startup.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 7, 2018
  3. programs start automatically

Hello Sikharesh,

Since the issue occurs after an update, possible that some Windows system files have been corrupted or some of the programs are included in the startup applications. For us to efficiently assist you, could you tell us if the issue is happening in specific
    programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the applications are included in the startup apps. To do so, you may refer to steps provided in this
    article on how to change startup programs in Windows 10.

Keep us posted so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 7, 2018
  4. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

1. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway. - Similar Threads - startup showing specific

2. A startup program called "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A startup program called "Program": I found startup program called "Program". I found this after installing some apps 1- Google chrome /2- Wondershare E-Draw Max why?father more:- within my other pc I found this and after restart the blue screen error occurred....
  3. Fix icon not showing for specific program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix icon not showing for specific program: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick, Please help me Icon not showing of specific Program in Taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-icon-not-showing-for-specific-program/71a6d523-51f9-44f6-89a7-a76627b7842d
  4. Make program start automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make program start automatically: Greetings, Please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum. I would like to have a command script .cmd run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use the...
  5. Programs not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not showing in start menu: I recently changed which SSD I wanted games and a few other things on. Since changing this any of the things installed aren’t showing up on the start menu. I have 3 different SSD’s, not sure if this have anything to do with it? I don’t know if I’m supposed to enable the...
  6. PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU: Hey there! I have a problem, few days ago I noticed that I dont have all my programs in start menu, they are all gone and when I search for them in search box I cant find them there....
  7. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  8. Program starts automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program starts automatically.: why last application ( Excel or word ) which was running starts automatically when i start my computer again after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-starts-automatically/6dab70e0-79f9-4bd9-8588-2d59d327a596
  9. startup program not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup program not showing: In My Windows 10 Task Bar "Start Up" Menu Is Not Showing Any Single Application. How To Fix It?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/startup-program-not-showing/f2355db2-6bc3-402c-b207-9dd97899d6ec
  10. A couple of q's - startup programs automatically and broken start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of q's - startup programs automatically and broken start menu: Hello, I'm trying to run programs upon boot in W10 but it doesn't work. I have put them in Start folder and if I go to Task manager I can see the programs are there as well in Startup tab and enabled...but they will not start. I have to manually launch them anyway. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program named program in windows 10 startup

2. program task manager startup

3. windows 10 task manager startup

4. window automatically starts not showing