Windows 10: Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC

Discus and support Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a new Win10 PC. It’s an HP All-in-One Desktop (model 23-q112) with a Touchscreen. I don’t want to use Touch, so I disabled it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MuggleBornNY, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC

I am trying to set up a new Win10 PC. It’s an HP All-in-One Desktop (model 23-q112) with a Touchscreen. I don’t want to use Touch, so I disabled it in Device Manager. For some reason, Touch was enabled again a few restarts later. It may have happened via Windows Update; I’m not sure. I tried to disable it again, but my computer froze. I had to power down. When I started up again, I got the HP logo screen, then a blank screen, then the HP logo screen came up again, and then a Windows screen with the date & time on it. The startup stops at that point. I can’t go any further.

Does anyone know if/how I can recover from this?

:)

MuggleBornNY, Jan 18, 2016

2. Have a new SSD drive in my PC and wish to move my WIN10 over to that location - how do I do that?

So I have a new PC that came with a 256gb SSD installed and WIN10 Home - my old PC (prior one) had WIN10 Pro.

Upon purchase I think the OS is installed on the HD (not the SSD) and I would like to confirm that and if it's correct move my OS (WIN10 Pro) to the SSD to speed up startup and overall performance.

How do I easily go about doing this?

Thank you!

BrianRMann, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Anton_992 Win User
    Anton

I have a desktop PC with XP installed on the C drive, but want to upgrade this PC to Windows 10. Today purchased the Windows 10 Home flashdrive. Some time ago I purchased a 500GB Sata HDD which was Formatted to NTFS format. I want to install Windows
    10 on this 500GB drive, and make it the boot drive, but keep XP on the current HDD because not all my software Apps will work on Windows 10.

How would I go about setting up a boot selection option on startup ie. XP or Win10. I noticed in the Win10 booklet it states to make the PC startup from the flashdisk for the installation to begin. If I disconnect the present C drive HDD and then boot the
    PC up with the Win10 USB flashdisk, will this work?

Regards

Anton_992, Jan 18, 2016
Thema:

Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC

1. Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Startup Working Win10

2. Connecting PC to Ethernet on new startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting PC to Ethernet on new startup: Hey, I just finished building a PC and now I’m trying to do the setup for Windows 11. However it seems that the Wi-Fi card isn’t active, so I believe that I need to update the drivers first before it’ll start to work. However, my apartment uses a 5.0 GHz for wifi and I tried...
  3. Connecting PC to Ethernet on new startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting PC to Ethernet on new startup: Hey, I just finished building a PC and now I’m trying to do the setup for Windows 11. However it seems that the Wi-Fi card isn’t active, so I believe that I need to update the drivers first before it’ll start to work. However, my apartment uses a 5.0 GHz for wifi and I tried...
  4. Installing Win10 On a New Pc Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 On a New Pc Problems: I have a brand new pc i’m trying to install windows on, by booting through a USB, i get all the way to installing windows, and about 30 seconds in, my pc restarts and starts at the beginning installing windows, i’ve tried a lot of thing. I can respond with my specs and...
  5. Slow Win10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Win10 Startup: I have a new Win 10 Dell PC and its slow on startup. For Example, when I open chrome or any other software it takes time to open and work properly but after a while, everything is fast again. I tried some online suggestions but it didn't help much. what is the real cause...
  6. Transferring Win10 retail to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Win10 retail to new PC: I plan on buying a retail copy of Win10 before the new year but I also plan to build a new PC before the end of 2020. The copy I'm looking at says retail 1PC and I'm pretty sure it just means one at a time. Just want to be sure that when I build my new PC I can still...
  7. Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install: My current win10 install on a Dell T3500 was becoming slow, with noticeable time needed to switch to an open Microsoft Word document after viewing Firefox, oddball activities with some app’s, etc. I decided to perform a win10 reinstall using the Media creation tool on a...
  8. USB only working on WIN10 startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB only working on WIN10 startup: Dear Microsoft Team, I am experiencing a USB error in Windows 10 that noone was able to solve for me so far and where I have also been únable to find a solution on any expert forum. I am using a Lenovo X250 running Windows 10 Professional. My issue revolves around the...
  9. BSOD on new PC (Win10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on new PC (Win10): Hello, i get my new PC three days ago and since yesterday i get a few BSOD. I have installed some mainboard drivers (direct downloaded from Asus for win10) and the latest driver by amd for my GPU. I installed the game GTA 5 and tryed to get my ps3-gamepads to work with...
  10. Swapped hard drive into new Win10 pc - all files deleted on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapped hard drive into new Win10 pc - all files deleted on startup: Hi, I'm new to these forums and Win 10. I've just purchased a used (clean OS install) desktop with Win10 pro installed. It has a primary SSD drive, and a storage 3GB magnetic hard drive. I attempted to unplug the existing 3GB drive and replace with a 1GB magnetic (storage,...