Windows 10: Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

Discus and support Startup opening infinite file explorer folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spunk, Apr 4, 2018.

1. spunk Win User

Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode.
    You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened.
    If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you have a Windows installer DVD or USB? If so, boot off of that and choose your Language then Repair Your Computer and do a Startup Repair.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
  2. coolsong2 Win User

I was cleaning my PC and turned it off beforehand. After cleaning it, I turned it back on and logged in to find that file explorer keeps opening, no matter what I do. I tried safe mode, sfc/scannow didn’t do anything. I don’t know if I’ll be able to include a picture or video of the problem. I hope it’s not a hardware problem.

:)

coolsong2, Apr 14, 2018
  3. When downloading a new Camera Driver, do you have to download an installer for it beforehand?

Being that Microsoft in all there infinite glory turned off the view for "known" file types you are going to have to make that change first..

Open explorer, any folder of any kind..

Hit the left Alt Key,

Click on View

Click on the check box for "File name extensions"

What is the name of the file that is the driver?

In full with the extension?

themanindbox, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Unplug keyboard and mouse ... and see whether the problem persists.

margrave55, Apr 14, 2018
  6. coolsong2 Win User
    I did try that, I thought it was a key stuck, but no.

coolsong2, Apr 14, 2018
  7. coolsong2 Win User
    As soon as I open the desktop, it opens 4-5 folders per second along with a cmd window and doesn’t stop until it freezes up and I need to sign out, restart or shutdown through ctrl+alt+del

coolsong2, Apr 14, 2018
  8. coolsong2 Win User

Does no one know how to fix this? Do I have to reset my computer?

coolsong2, Apr 14, 2018
  9. coolsong2 Win User
    I can’t even reset the PC, what do I do?

coolsong2, Apr 14, 2018
  10. If you have some Restore Points and an install disc/USB, you could try to restore your system to an earlier date.

I assume you don't have any Backup Images (e.g. Macrium Reflect Images)?

lehnerus2000, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders - Similar Threads - Startup opening infinite

2. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  3. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  4. File Explorer infinite loading bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer infinite loading bar: This occasionally happens on my system, where the File Explorer will start giving me a green loading bar and progressively get worse by starting to become a blank page until I can no longer open it. A full restart fixes this, but it's really odd how this happens and I can do...
  5. File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview

File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview: I have this weird thing happening sometimes when I boot my Windows laptop. The File Explorer icon is highlighted in the Taskbar and if I move my cursor over there it shows the following preview. On clicking the preview, nothing happens. The only thing I can do is close it.I...
  6. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  7. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  8. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  9. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  10. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511