Windows 10: Startup problem

Discus and support Startup problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i press power on the cpu fan and power led only work. No hdd led, no beep and no monitor display. Please help me, my work is pending. Pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DW7EZV, May 22, 2016.

1. DW7EZV Win User

Startup problem

When i press power on the cpu fan and power led only work. No hdd led, no beep and no monitor display.

Please help me, my work is pending.

Pc specs...
    Asus p8h61m le
    4gb ram
    1tb hdd
    I5 cpu

:)

DW7EZV, May 22, 2016

2. problem on startup

Hi Randy,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Let us try to repair the Windows using the ISO file.

Refer to the following link to download Windows 10 ISO file and create installation media.

Download Windows 10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

• Insert media (DVD or USB drive).
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Startup repair.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 22, 2016
  3. Safeuq Win User
    Problem at startup

I tried switching it on without sim. But it doesn't work.

Safeuq, May 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Startup problem

Hello, the first concern will be the data on your disk. Do you have backups?
    Do you use disk imaging?

If not, you need to find out if the data is accessible. There are two basic possibilities.

a. Boot up your PC using a live boot disk or USB device- if it will. We don't know if your laptop has developed a serious fault.

You can download and use the boot disk kindly provided by a forum member- at the top of the Software and Apps section.
    See if you can boot from that and access your HDD.

b. Remove your HDD from your laptop, put it in case and connect it as a USB device to another PC.

Once you have found a way to access your hard disk, make a copy of all essential data if you have not yet started to back up routinely.

Then check the SMART parameters for the disk to see if it is healthy. (If you don't know what that means, a search engine will readily help you). A program called Crystaldiskinfo (free) is one of the many that will show you SMART parameters.

Please post back with your results.

We need to know you can access your HDD, and that it is viable before proceeding and attempting repairs.

It would also help if you can tell us the history.
    For example: 'My laptop was working fine yesterday but today when I turned it on it doesn't work' or 'I just dropped my laptop and now it doesn't work' etc...

dalchina, May 22, 2016
  5. DW7EZV Win User
    1st, its a desktop. Kindly please read again my issue. Thanks!

History: normal use - browsing, watch/listen movie/music, playing crossfire and bluestacks for coc. No heavy use such as rendering.

Then it suddenly shuts down. I power it on again then an hr past it shuts down again power it again then some minute past shuts down again

I clean my system unit. Remove plenty of dustweb and power it on...boom! Only the cpu fan spins and power led is on. No monitor display, no beep sound, hdd led not blinking.

DW7EZV, May 22, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thanks for the history. Could it be you've disturbed some cabling?

I can't necessarily tell without looking up your PC model whether it's a desktop or a laptop. Sorry. I don't carry a mental list of such things, and you didn't mention desktop or laptop. Please forgive my assumption.

dalchina, May 22, 2016
  7. DW7EZV Win User
    Cables are okay.

From what i know, post will beep whether it has problems or not.

Please everyone, help me through this. Got some important docs to send from my pc.

DW7EZV, May 22, 2016
  8. DW7EZV Win User

Startup problem

LOL! I just scratch the RAM w/ a pencil eraser. It worked *Cool

DW7EZV, May 22, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Wow- you erased the problem! Hope it was an anti-static rubber..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Startup problem

1. Startup problem - Similar Threads - Startup problem

2. Intel VMD problem in startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel VMD problem in startup: Hello I have recently installed win 11 pro 64 and before installing i turned off intel VMD in bios. Now that the Windows is installed i came back and turned on VMD but in startup after the logo the Blue Screen appears and restarts and so on. What should i do?P.S: i turned off...
  3. Intel VMD problem in startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel VMD problem in startup: Hello I have recently installed win 11 pro 64 and before installing i turned off intel VMD in bios. Now that the Windows is installed i came back and turned on VMD but in startup after the logo the Blue Screen appears and restarts and so on. What should i do?P.S: i turned off...
  4. problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup: Hiya.. for some time now i have some problems with clock on windows 11. Every time i turn on my pc, the time delays for a few more seconds. Like when i do synchronize it, it's alright but then after day it start delaying 5 seconds, next day it starts to delay for around 12...
  5. problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup

problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup: Hiya.. for some time now i have some problems with clock on windows 11. Every time i turn on my pc, the time delays for a few more seconds. Like when i do synchronize it, it's alright but then after day it start delaying 5 seconds, next day it starts to delay for around 12...
  6. Problem with Apps downloaded from MS that cannot be Enabled in Startup apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Apps downloaded from MS that cannot be Enabled in Startup apps: I don't understand why my recent thread which was receiving help from an independent advisor was deleted. I just want help. Why can't I enable apps from Microsoft in startup apps? It's so annoying; I only had this issue after the latest update. More details in video from...
  7. Problem with Apps downloaded from MS that cannot be Enabled in Startup apps

Problem with Apps downloaded from MS that cannot be Enabled in Startup apps: I don't understand why my recent thread which was receiving help from an independent advisor was deleted. I just want help. Why can't I enable apps from Microsoft in startup apps? It's so annoying; I only had this issue after the latest update. More details in video from...
  8. Windows Crashing, need help deducing the problem. Startup events could be the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashing, need help deducing the problem. Startup events could be the cause: There are roughly 15 Warnings and Errors I get when booting my computer up revolving around "Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{D56C50C1-0F33-11EE-B90E-94E23C939517}'" and other stuff. I don't know to what extent errors like this could be affecting my...
  9. Windows Crashing, need help deducing the problem. Startup events could be the cause

Windows Crashing, need help deducing the problem. Startup events could be the cause: There are roughly 15 Warnings and Errors I get when booting my computer up revolving around "Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{D56C50C1-0F33-11EE-B90E-94E23C939517}'" and other stuff. I don't know to what extent errors like this could be affecting my...
  10. I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.: I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.It is continuously trying to automatically restart but is not getting beyond the initial black system information screen.It has an SSD as the main drive and a backup HD.I can get into the BIOS screen by...