Windows 10: startup selective not normal.

Discus and support startup selective not normal. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nyegaard, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Nyegaard Win User

startup selective not normal.

My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why.

:)

Nyegaard, Mar 14, 2016

2. what determines selective startup versus normal startup after clean boot and how to start with normal start up

Hi,

Performing a clean install overwrites all other content on the hard disk. Unlike a typical OS upgrade, a clean install removes that current operating system and user files during the installation process.

Often when users encounter problems that prohibit Microsoft Windows from operating normally, they're instructed to enter Safe Mode. This altered version of Windows allows users to correct issues so their computer will start properly.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The word
    Safe Mode appears in the corners of your monitors to identify which monitors mode you are using.

Usually, after the clean boot, you'll need to perform a System File Checker.
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 14, 2016
  3. what determines selective startup versus normal startup after clean boot and how to start with normal start up

This is the best forum for your issue and we have addressed it.

If you need clarifications, please refer to the information below:

1) How come the clean install does not start as normal startup?

• Performing a clean install overwrites all other content on the hard disk. Unlike a typical OS upgrade, a clean install removes that current operating system and user files during the installation process that's why it does not start as normal startup.
    2) What determines whether it is normal or selective?

• Normal startup implies that you want everything you've installed that has Startup option to start or load at the startup after you login to Microsoft Windows while Normal Startup only select startup programs that you choose to start or load at the startup
      after you login to Microsoft Windows.
    3) How do the settings in services impact the startup making it normal or selective?

• The definition of each boot up is based on how you want your system to perform upon startup. Windows Selective Startup. improves overall system performance, boot time, and get rid of programs you don't want running in the background.
    4) In order to start with normal start up after clean boot what needs to be done?

• Usually, after the clean boot, you'll need to perform a System File Checker.
      System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Nyegaard, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is normal after the first time you made changes here. If you have all 3 items checked under Selective startup, then it'll be the same as having Normal startup selected.

startup selective not normal. [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

1. startup selective not normal. - Similar Threads - startup selective normal

2. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  3. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  4. unable to change selective startup to normal startup

unable to change selective startup to normal startup: whenever I tried to change selective startup to normal startup. After restart again it shifted back to selective startup.what should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-selective-startup-to-normal/361df569-9abf-4118-a15c-fa15885b2100
  5. set selective startup to normal startup

set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  6. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?: see right here, before I selected normal startup, it was on selective startup. When I changed to normal startup I got the bsod 0xc000000e winload.exe error, and no boot. Had to load the RE off flash and run commands to fixmbr and rebuildbcd. Is it just my PC like that? I...
  7. Windows stock on selective startup and it does not switch to normal at all

Windows stock on selective startup and it does not switch to normal at all: I have tried to reset all advanced troubleshooter for the startup to no avail. All settings revert to selective settings right after changing to Normal startup under MSConfig. Many of my apps are failing and erroring out, as well....
  8. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  9. startup reverts to selective from normal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    startup reverts to selective from normal: I see that startup reverts to selective from normal after reboot. Why would this happen and should it be this way. I had a builder make my PC and perhaps something in the UEFI causes is? I always though normal was the default under ordinary circumstances. 136082
  10. Startup not normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup not normal: Hi, Just installed new version of Win 10 Pro. Often -but not always- from a cold restart get a pretty picture and only 3 icons in bottom right of screen : 1) Connect to Internet , 2) Ease of Access and 3) Shutdown. Rebooting brings system back to normal. Can't seem to...