Windows 10: startup selective not normal.

Discus and support startup selective not normal. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nyegaard, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Nyegaard Win User

startup selective not normal.

My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why.

:)

Nyegaard, Mar 14, 2016

2. what determines selective startup versus normal startup after clean boot and how to start with normal start up

Hi,

Performing a clean install overwrites all other content on the hard disk. Unlike a typical OS upgrade, a clean install removes that current operating system and user files during the installation process.

Often when users encounter problems that prohibit Microsoft Windows from operating normally, they're instructed to enter Safe Mode. This altered version of Windows allows users to correct issues so their computer will start properly.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The word
    Safe Mode appears in the corners of your monitors to identify which monitors mode you are using.

Usually, after the clean boot, you'll need to perform a System File Checker.
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 14, 2016
  3. what determines selective startup versus normal startup after clean boot and how to start with normal start up

This is the best forum for your issue and we have addressed it.

If you need clarifications, please refer to the information below:

1) How come the clean install does not start as normal startup?

• Performing a clean install overwrites all other content on the hard disk. Unlike a typical OS upgrade, a clean install removes that current operating system and user files during the installation process that's why it does not start as normal startup.
    2) What determines whether it is normal or selective?

• Normal startup implies that you want everything you've installed that has Startup option to start or load at the startup after you login to Microsoft Windows while Normal Startup only select startup programs that you choose to start or load at the startup
      after you login to Microsoft Windows.
    3) How do the settings in services impact the startup making it normal or selective?

• The definition of each boot up is based on how you want your system to perform upon startup. Windows Selective Startup. improves overall system performance, boot time, and get rid of programs you don't want running in the background.
    4) In order to start with normal start up after clean boot what needs to be done?

• Usually, after the clean boot, you'll need to perform a System File Checker.
      System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Nyegaard, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is normal after the first time you made changes here. If you have all 3 items checked under Selective startup, then it'll be the same as having Normal startup selected.

startup selective not normal. [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

1. startup selective not normal. - Similar Threads - startup selective normal

2. Normal startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Normal startup: While in System Configuration, I can't get me Windows 10 to stay on "normal" startup. It keeps reverting back to "selective" Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normal-startup/4f6396b2-e858-451a-a30a-d6a780ea6c47
  3. MSconfig / normal startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSconfig / normal startup: Hi all, I am experiencing problems on startup (old Dell E6320 with Windows 10 32bits) since I may have change MSconfig setup from Selective to Normal Startup. Ever since when Windows is booting, it takes minutes to get to the PW screen, my PW is no longer accepted, then it...
  4. Stuck in Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in Selective Startup: (Moved from EightForums, where I posted in error.) I was instructed to use Selective Startup to get Quicken installed (didn't work), and now I can't get out! This is a laptop that has been stuck with the Microsoft account login (cannot fix it as other options are grayed...
  5. MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup: I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a Selective start up. Any ideas?...
  6. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138
  7. Is this normal for Fast Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this normal for Fast Startup?: Hi all. I hope my English is well understood. I'm using google translator. I've been reading this thread, and I would expose you what happens to me, and to know if this is normal. My computer is as follows: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 (Bios 2702 - Last) I7-4790K 32 GB of...
  8. Startup not normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup not normal: Hi, Just installed new version of Win 10 Pro. Often -but not always- from a cold restart get a pretty picture and only 3 icons in bottom right of screen : 1) Connect to Internet , 2) Ease of Access and 3) Shutdown. Rebooting brings system back to normal. Can't seem to...
  9. Unable to Change Startup Selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Startup Selection: The system configuration - startup selection is set to selective startup. I didn't so this and I'm unable to change it. When I tick normal startup and reboot it reverts back to selective startup. Any ideas how to change this? James 67757
  10. msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig won't let me choose "Normal Startup" - reverts to Selective: When I run msconfig, it shows that Selective Startup is selected. I click on Normal Startup - but as soon as I select "OK", it reverts back to Selective Startup. Thank you. 89729