Windows 10: Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Discus and support Startup tab in Task Manager empty?? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mad4some, Aug 13, 2015.

1. mad4some Win User

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are no startup items to display" showing. I just recently installed Chrome and I'm certain that it should be there. Anybody have this??? Comments/ideas please, thanks Mark

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1

:)

mad4some, Aug 13, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

Startup items not in Startup tab of Task Manager, Windows 10 Home

I think the problem is with your explanation of the problem...

3rd party programs do not appear in the Startup after a clean install... Because they are not part of Windows...

For some reason you are confusing two different file locations... I can't fix that...

The location where you mention "Hiding Microsoft Services" in System Configuration (msconfig) is not the same thing as the Startup Tab in Taskmanager...

slance310, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Startup items not in Startup tab of Task Manager, Windows 10 Home

Because that's what the thread at the provided link says to do, I don't know. Don't know what to tell you dude, the link is right there.

By reset I mean I used a USB and turned it into a recovery drive, and completely reinstalled windows by booting through it.

munchiesnOOb, Aug 13, 2015
  4. mad4some Win User

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1 Thanks!

mad4some, Aug 14, 2015
  5. cyberSAR Win User
    Yes, I have a few programs listed with the disable button

cyberSAR, Aug 14, 2015
  6. mad4some Win User
    Thanks cyber......I knew something was wrong, now I wonder what it is??

mad4some, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Startup tab in Task Manager empty?? - Similar Threads - Startup tab Task

2. What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?: So I noticed this software with the name "Program" and a blank icon in the startup section of task manager. I disabled it and checked the file location. There it was written ASHelper.exe along with the location. Now the strange part is how the file location is written in task...
  3. Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty: Hi all! From a month ago I find when open the Task Manager TM, it does not show any process in "Processes" tab. If I start TM immediately after reboot/logon, it shows everything correctly, until I close and try to open again. Then the tab is empty. I find a...
  4. Empty Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Startup in Task Manager: Hi, There are no startup Programs being shown Task Manager except for a single Program named "program" and when I try opening them through Settings its empty no Programs are shown there as well . Can anybody please help me regarding this issue? I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  5. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  6. Task Manager Startup tab does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Startup tab does not work: Recently I did a reinstall of windows 10 and when I go to task manager to disable apps at startup, there was nothing there. I found the Startup folder was missing in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, so I created it, restarted and there...
  7. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  8. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  9. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  10. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...