Windows 10: Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade?

Discus and support Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My W10 64 startup has been getting slower and slower, from the windows 'blue square screen' to actually entering in my password takes around 4~5min.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trapper, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Trapper Win User

Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade?

My W10 64 startup has been getting slower and slower, from the windows 'blue square screen' to actually entering in my password takes around 4~5min.
    It seems to arrive at the welcome screen - Mountains and Lake - (with red backpack in foreground) fairly quickly I then tap enter as usual and the screen dims, as usual. Screen brightens and I tap enter, screens dims again. And so it goes on until eventually and about 4 mins later the welcome screen appears and I can enter my password and access the PC.
    I'm not sure where to start looking for the problem, I have looked at the Event Viewer and did notice a time delay during startup as in the screenshot below:

Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade? [​IMG]

The Text I found relating to this is:

This does not mean much if anything to me, sorry to say.
    I would like to get W10 back to its usual startup, and suggestions would be appreciated.
    I wonder if using the TUT " Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade " would do the job?

:)

Trapper, Feb 22, 2017

2. Microsoft Office.

Try repairing your Office installation. First try Quick Repair (takes 5 - 10 mins) , if that doesn't help then try Online Repair (Takes more than 30 mins but less than 1 hour in general)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

E for Excel, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Office 2007 will not operate since last windows 10 update Friday.

Try repairing your Office installation. First try Quick Repair (takes 5 - 10 mins) , if that doesn't help then try Online Repair (Takes more than 30 mins but less than 1 hour in general)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

E for Excel, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade?

Hi Trapper

Any chance you have dropbox installed or had dropbox installed?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2017
  5. Trapper Win User
    Hi Ken.
    Strangely enough, I do have DropBox installed, as well as One Drive. What do you know I don't ! *Wink Does DBx update during the start up? I see it in the Hidden Icons on the task bar but it seems to update after the PC has started as I can see the 'Sync' cycle rotating on the icon before the green tick appears.

I got so fed up yesterday with it I unplugged 3 external drives, 2 WD Passports connected to a USB splitter and a LUX drive. The PC now starts somewhat quicker but why removing the drives makes so much difference I have no idea. Its still slower that it should be though.

Trapper, Feb 23, 2017
  6. No I just asked Professor Google.

I saw your Error in screen shot just a couple of lines down and then I started searching dbupdate. They all seem to be dropbox tasks. Some comments on not being fully uninstalled or not scheduled tasks not performing correctly. I will be first to say I don't know specifically when these tasks sync. You might want to reference "Scheduled Tasks" to gain insight as to how they are scheduled on your machine.

You may wish to disable both products for testing purposes.

I didn't record Dropbox fixes but you can search your "error" and other events with DB in mind. I would also suggest that Dropbox forums may yield useful info as they are specific to DropBox.

I would, as a test, also shut off Fast Start up to see if that changes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2017
  7. Trapper Win User
    Thanks Ken, the PC seems to have got faster, I found out how to use Task Scheduler and set up DropBox to start after 30 seconds later, tried it with Google Drive but that kept opening the program on my desktop which was annoying so will sort this out later.
    Event log still shows multiple errors, I will see if I can find fixes for some although it seems some are not important enough to worry about.
    I will mark as solved and start another thread on the startup delay with USB drives attached.

Trapper, Feb 25, 2017
  8. Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade?

Excellent. Thanks for posting back your solutions.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade?

1. Startup takes appx 4~5 min to welcome, use TUT Repair/Inplaceupgrade? - Similar Threads - Startup takes appx

2. CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up-every-5-mins-after-startup/59a60596-76d9-4304-98ec-787c11770cd7
  3. CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up-every-5-mins-after-startup/59a60596-76d9-4304-98ec-787c11770cd7
  4. CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can ram make windows response slow or taking apps 4 to 5 min to open ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can ram make windows response slow or taking apps 4 to 5 min to open ?: so yeah i dont know what cuz my pc to become slow so if some can answer me i appreciate : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-ram-make-windows-response-slow-or-taking-apps/30001b2d-2e8c-4604-8a24-0f9ed817555c
  6. windows 10 takes 4-5 min to sleep or shutdown on a fresh install [SSD]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 takes 4-5 min to sleep or shutdown on a fresh install [SSD]: step 1- A fresh install without internet connection step 2- shuts down is 10 seconds and sleeps is 3-4 seconds on SSD step 3- after I connect to internet, OS downloads Intel DPTF and some graphic driver along with some Intel MEI(Management engine interface) step 4- reboot...
  7. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  8. BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 5-10 mins in game Fallout 4: Hi, I just recently built a new pc to replace my existing one. All programs I have ran seem fine, however when I go to play Fallout 4 it goes to blue screen with 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay or just idling in game. I have reinstalled the video card drivers. I have reinstalled...
  9. Macrium Free - absolutely no reason to avoid taking backups 4 Mins !

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free - absolutely no reason to avoid taking backups 4 Mins !: Hi there With speed of modern computers and I/O devices there's really no reason to avoid taking backups -- so many problems could be avoided if people imaged their systems regularly. Here's a reasonable backup - base W10 system with Office 2016 installed and a few small...
  10. Logon Takes 3-4 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon Takes 3-4 mins: Hey all Using Windows 10 Redstone, intel i7 laptop, with ssd. Startup takes about 8-10 secs after restart (power up). I've been using the hibernate feature for a long time, but last week when I restarted my computer it did not log on after I've entered my password. The...