Windows 10: Startup takes forever.

Discus and support Startup takes forever. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gracie, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Gracie Win User

Startup takes forever.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue.

:)

Gracie, Jan 11, 2016

2. Startup

My computer takes ages to boot and i removed slow startup programs

And when I update it, it takes forever to pull up programs

Ideas plz

MarkManning_939, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Laptop Wont Restart After Win10 Upgrade

I checked the box that says Turn on fast startup (recommended) and this fixed the problem, however it takes forever to start the computer. Is there any other suggestions?

WendyHutchings, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

Startup takes forever.

1. Startup takes forever. - Similar Threads - Startup takes forever

2. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  3. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer taking forever to load on startup: Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it, it takes forever to load, and when I do finally get to my desktop, I have to wait another 5 or so minutes to be able to do anything.My brother has the exact same PC as me, but it never happens to him.Does anyone know why this...
  4. Computer taking forever to load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  6. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  7. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  9. Taskbar Takes Forever to Load on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Takes Forever to Load on Startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bxdweather [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky6nrf/taskbar_takes_forever_to_load_on_startup/
  10. Windows 10 Taking almost "FOREVER" to startup - how to diagnose?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Taking almost "FOREVER" to startup - how to diagnose?: So..... Ihave been using Windows 10 a long while and recently "something" happened. It occurred after trying to install and uninstall AVIRA antivirus. Now, when starting Windows, the spinning dots appear for several hours before the system comes live to login. OK, maybe less...