Windows 10: startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10

Discus and support startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting the message startupscan.dll module could not be found. My start button is frozen as is my search bar and right clicking on my icons do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jocelynberman, Jul 19, 2018.

1. startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10

I keep getting the message startupscan.dll module could not be found. My start button is frozen as is my search bar and right clicking on my icons do not open a window for my shortcuts. Some of my shortcuts read 'class not registered' when I click to try to open.

I have a Windows 10 on my laptop. This started happening after having a geeksquad member online try to improve the speed of my computer and give it a general tune-up. A day after there were updates that got loaded automatically. I do not know if there is a connection, but its all I could think of. Geeksquad told me there may be missing or corrupted software as that is the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

jocelynberman, Jul 19, 2018
  2. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jul 19, 2018
  4. startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10

Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10

1. startupscan.dll module missing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - startupscan dll module

2. missing xinput1_3.dll on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing xinput1_3.dll on windows 10: Hello I have recently upgraded to windows 10 after busting my older windows OS. I installed some old games like Civ 6 and got this missing xinput1_3.dll response. I did some searching and it appears to be connected with Directx you techies can correct me later and was...
  3. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10: So I tried to reinstall both the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019, because the code execution is missing, and when I did it says that my 2015 one is still missing but I couldn't find the 2015 ones, just the 2017. Because of this, I...
  4. missing modules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing modules: Hi everyone i'm jack. I tried to play dvd on Toshiba dvd player in lap top and this message came up.Moduled needed for this app. are missing.if restarting the application does not fix problem please reinstall application. Don't know what they mean windows 10 - - - Updated -...
  5. Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file: So, some time ago i got malware on my computer, got it repaired and all that, the thing is that i some days ago i got a message of RunDLL saying that a specific module was missing in a TaskPlayer file, i didn´t gave it attention, got the last W10 update and thought that it...
  6. C:\\windows\system32 .dll module

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    C:\\windows\system32 .dll module: Hi there, I receive the following error message when I start my laptop: There was a problem starting c:\\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found Question: What do I need to do to fix this problem? Thanking you in advance for any help you...
  7. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10: In trying to open a particular program (On1 Resize 2019) in my brand new computer running Windows 10, I get the following messages: The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found and The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was...
  8. Missing DLL file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DLL file in Windows 10: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, every time I boot up my PC, I get an error message about a missing DLL file called C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. How do I fix this? Thanks....
  9. module missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    module missing: I installed update 1809. Now when I boot up, I get an error message: "There was a problem starting SBAVMonL.dll. The specified module could not be found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/module-missing/b21ebe00-8656-41c1-ab88-dd59c9064af2
  10. Missing Windows 10 dll files

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Windows 10 dll files: I have 3 missing windows 10 dll files Wow64.dll Wow64cpu.dll Wow64win.dll I used the media creation tool to create an ISO of the exact version of windows I have (windows 10 pro) and searched the file for these dll files, including the install.wim and boot.wim. Does anyone...