Windows 10: State of native apps on multiple user accounts after creators update

Discus and support State of native apps on multiple user accounts after creators update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I haven't installed creators update yet but I have seen a few disturbing accounts of people saying the native app tiles and start menu entries are... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Apr 10, 2017.

1. State of native apps on multiple user accounts after creators update

I haven't installed creators update yet but I have seen a few disturbing accounts of people saying the native app tiles and start menu entries are screwed up after the update for other user accounts on their machines. The apps such as store, mail, calendar etc look ok for the main user in which the update was run/installed but logging into other user accounts once the update has finished the problem exists. As a family that relies heavily on separate user accounts this is worrying. I want to establish if this is widespread or whether these are just sporadic and isolated reports. What are other people seeing on their other user accounts? Someone posted a powershell fix helped them but the whole process is unpredictable and akin to playing Russian roulette with your pc as it can easily destroy the native apps too. If this is a true side effect of installing the creators update then it's an awful oversight and something QA testing should easily of spotted especially given the relentless insider releases that MS throws out. Are multiple user accounts really so rare that MS wouldn't of noticed the issue?

:)

Scottyboy99, Apr 10, 2017
  2. sachinak Win User

New Creator Update does not sign out the user when PC is shutdown

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 with latest updates on my PC. It is setup with multiple user accounts for home us. This is what I have seen with new creator update:

I am logged in to my account and I shutdown the PC. This is fine. The next, when the PC is restarted and some other user is signed in, I see that my account is also signed in. The previous shutdown did not sign me out. It just did a shutdown. This started
    happening after the creator update.

How to force windows to sign out when PC is also shutdown?

Thanks

sachinak, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Makoffice Win User
    Windows 10 (build 1703) check update, store and Groove sign in error code 0x800704cf

Hi, we have the same error on multiple machines after installing the Creators update.

In our case it seems to be user specific because when I sign in with a different user account the update is working fine.

Any idea how to fix it without having to re-create the user profiles?

I already tried the troubleshooter for updates but the problem persists.

Windows store is not affected.

Makoffice, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

State of native apps on multiple user accounts after creators update

I would hope the described situation doesn't mean each user has to log in and do the update individually to get the same effect as the main or first user.

Berton, Apr 10, 2017
  5. There is some uncertainty that's for sure. I'm only basing this on what I have read. I'm sure a check for updates after doing the creators update on the main account from within another user account will just report all is upto date. It's just the affect of the creators update across all accounts that is a worry.

I've seen a handful of reports from other users across various different threads reporting the names and tiles of the native apps being screwed up on other user accounts. I guess will only know for sure later on but I was keen to gauge if this was commonplace among those who have installed it early. I don't think loads of people really use or care for extra user accounts on a single PC but unfortunately it's pretty important to our family.

Scottyboy99, Apr 10, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I have no such problem, but they're all local accounts, none of my accounts are MS accounts. That could be the key difference...

7. Ok, thanks for reporting. I'm hoping the fact that I haven't seen loads and loads of reports and that you do not see this issue could be a positive sign. Although I've seen enough to cause me some consternation.

Of course the fact yours are local accounts and not MS accounts could, as you say, be a key difference though

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

State of native apps on multiple user accounts after creators update

1. State of native apps on multiple user accounts after creators update - Similar Threads - State native apps

2. Multiple user accounts running after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts running after startup: Hi,I have 2 accounts set up on my PC one is for personal use and second for work.Personal is Microsoft account and Work is just local user with administrator privileges. All accounts are password protected.I have noticed that when, after startup, I am logging in to my...
  3. Multiple user accounts running after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple user accounts running after startup: Hi,I have 2 accounts set up on my PC one is for personal use and second for work.Personal is Microsoft account and Work is just local user with administrator privileges. All accounts are password protected.I have noticed that when, after startup, I am logging in to my...
  4. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  5. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  6. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...
  7. Multiple User on the same work space state

Multiple User on the same work space state: I work with a test bench with multiple people using the computer to run their test, if the person who signed in is out and the computer is locked it is a pain to get it unlocked in the same state. I was wondering if there is a way to have the station lock and be able to open...
  8. After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After acumulative update, user, native apps, store, right click stop working: I have the same problem for a few years right now. Every now and then, when an large update is installed, the "right click, windows start, calendar, calculator, and any windows native app" STOP WORKING. I tryied everything that is on internet, NEVER find a solution (dont...
  9. State of 3D builder with Fall Creators update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    State of 3D builder with Fall Creators update: I read an article that says Microsoft will be removing 3D builder in the Windows 10 Fall creators update. I sure hope that is not true or that they still make it available via the app store. I use the program daily and the new Paint 3D doe snot have the capabilities of the 3D...
  10. After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts: I'm having an issue since the Creators update. I have 3 user accounts on my Surface Book. Since the Creators update, after I switch user accounts I will get a blue screen restart. But it seems like this happens after I open Edge and play a YouTube video. That is the only...